Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What if the CZX isn't DEAD confused smiley

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
June 22, 2020 08:44PM
What if they went back to the drawing board on the CZX and tried to fix it? They've had several years now to debug it, and they now have Carl Moreland (think White's V3).

They definitely need something, can't coast on BH sales forever (or could they?), a new, at water resistant or better yet water proof, SMF detector could get them back on the leader board.
Re: What if the CZX isn't DEAD confused smiley
June 22, 2020 10:03PM
Ole' Cal's Crystal ball said they next to go?
I think FT makes enough off BH sales and other ventures they could care less.
Dave J. said himself he told them not to buy Fisher in his opinion it was not of any value but they did anyway. They just wanted the legendary name I guess?
I am just glad they still made the CZ-3D this long as there should be a ton out there for parts.
June 22, 2020 10:25PM
Sales on the F series detectors wasn't to shabby for well over a decade, either. Anyway, many of us would like to see something new from them for us land lubbers. HH jim tn
June 22, 2020 10:35PM
I've been asking for a modern CZ wet sand machine for close to 20 years. I even sent FT an email suggesting it.

The CZ is still an awesome platform that would easily compete with today's top detectors. Beats me why they would pass that up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2020 10:38PM by Badger in NH.
June 23, 2020 12:16AM
"I've been asking for a modern CZ wet sand machine for close to 20 years"

You and many others. In some ways the Nox's, Vanquish, and Apex are the modern realization of that design. These new detectors are more software defined detectors as opposed to the CZ being a hardware defined detector. The needed software modeling to convert that design into an economically competitive present day design, has made the possibility much more difficult than it would have been 20 years ago when it would have been a high demand product. And even if produced, the expectations of the old foggies demanding that it perform with the exact same detecting behaviors, but in a waterproof 2lb package would not be an easy feat. That train has left the station, so naming any new model CZ would risk howling diatribes.

With the Apex release imminent, Nok/Mak toiling away on an SMF, and XP is not likely sitting around watching the grass grow, so the SMFs will be sprouting up like weeds.

Going out on a limb.......a very long limb.........White's is in trouble....Carl knows the V3 platform....FT buys the IP for the V3 platform from White's.....improve the ground balancing..... use faster less power hungry processor....put it in a lightweight waterproof package....price it against the Nox 800. Now FT is in the game.
June 23, 2020 02:45AM
I thought perhaps the Minelab Equinox encroached on the CZX project with certain patents that did not allow them to complete the CZX Nugget machine.
June 23, 2020 05:06AM
I would love to have a CZ in a lightweight housing. Similar in size to my EQ800, but with the 8" or similar concentric coil for better balance.

UtahRich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
June 23, 2020 09:10AM
Lots of beach hunters have been asking for an updated CZ-21/20 for a long time now. I got tired of waiting and bought an EQ600. The Equinox is everything I wished an updated CZ would have been: lightweight, easy to swing underwater, increased performance (or at minimum no degradation of performance from the CZ), magnetic charging and detachable headphones. My only complaint so far with the Equinox is that it's not nearly as tough as the CZ-21.

When the CZX slides from that presentation were leaked, I was giddy as a kid on Christmas morning...still waiting. The Impulse AQ is on my short list.
June 23, 2020 10:19AM
Would You really want to buy it..seeing the way FT is "Picking & Choosing" who gets the new PI machine..
So a select few gets to go first and clean the beaches while everyone else has to wait and hunt for whats left...
Been a loyal Fisher detector User since the early 80's and later a FT User along with thousands of other dedecated hunters who have kept these companies going for years.. only now to be told "Sorry cant have one"
Reminds me of the smaller dealerships who kept a certain U.S. Vehicle manufacturer
going strong thru the years..but in 07-08 crash,the manufacturer done away with the small dealerships..
And thats why every couple to three years when I go to buy a New vehicle I dont even consider this Companies product..
For me I am done..I will keep my older Fisher/FT models and spend my money buying from another manufacture in the future...stay safe. joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2020 10:25AM by joe in alabama.
June 23, 2020 03:53PM
Joe, if you want an AQ - email me at rickkempf@gmail.com and I will put you on the list which currently stands at 50 something names - otherwise stop complaining about being excluded.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 23, 2020 04:23PM
Lol..I figured You would mention Your list when You read this comment... I dont know anything about a PI detector..never been around anyone using one that I know of...
And can Honestly say I have no desire to own one.. or get on your "List" Rick...
Just thinking about all the Guys who have put $ in buying FT products..and am sure a good number of them beach hunt...You can talk all You want..But there's nothing fair about it...joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2020 04:35PM by joe in alabama.
June 23, 2020 04:31PM
I believe at some point in time there will be plenty of A Q's available. Hopefully, for land and sea. HH jim tn
June 23, 2020 06:56PM
Love the CZ's but swinging a CZ 20 or 21 is like swinging a safe.
way to heavy.
June 23, 2020 07:52PM
u2robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love the CZ's but swinging a CZ 20 or 21 is like s
> winging a safe.
> way to heavy.

Fairly light to swing hip or chest mounted but still very cumbersome having it attached to your body. Fine for water hunting but not a good set up for hunting the wet sand. The headphones suck and you can't change them. Can't change coils. The CZ 20/21 has many drawbacks for beach hunting but many of us used it anyway since Fisher didn't offer any beach machines. All it had going for it was performance. I bought my CZ 20 in 1998 and still have it. Many of us put up with the flaws thinking that a Fisher beach detector was just around the corner but it never appeared. I eventually got a Minelab Explorer SE in 2007 and didn't use the CZ much after that. Sold the Explorer when the Equinox came out.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2020 08:03PM by Badger in NH.