Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coke ? How do machines re-act to it or Any Other Similarities??

Posted by Michael296 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coke ? How do machines re-act to it or Any Other Similarities??
July 05, 2020 05:24PM
Getting a machine with added Coke switch. How does coke react and can it be used for another purpose ??
Just simply not familiar with coke cause it isn't around this area of Central California.
Any info appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 03:21AM by Michael296.
Re: Coke ?? How do machines re-act to it ??
July 05, 2020 07:04PM
They get really jittery, just like everyone else.smiling smiley Sorry, someone was going to say it, so it might as well be me!
Coke, cinders, burnt crap....makes my CTX, eTrac and Explorer go....WHHAAATT??? They can’t see through it, even if I GB my CTX to it. Nada. Renders them completely useless.
July 05, 2020 09:54PM
Coke could act differently with different detectors. Haven't come across any myself. [www.youtube.com]
July 05, 2020 11:37PM
On the Equinox, most coke signals hit low (2-3).---Just reject -9 through 3 and hunt (that's with the Equinox).----On another detector--figure out that range (for coke) and either ignore it or disc it out.---Busted tin has been the pain in the butt for me in our old camps & I think I've finally got it figured out how to handle it (with the Equinox).------Del
July 05, 2020 11:55PM
The machine is an XP Goldmaxx Power and had a Coke switch added to return it back to no Disc.
Since I have never knowingly run into Coke I am not sure how yet to take advantage of the added switch here in Central California.

A ( 2-3) on a readout machine sounds like either iron or that deadly wrap-around.

I saw that video that Des Dunne made with the Vista X and it sounded kind of like a rusty bottle cap.

I read some where that coke and hot rocks have a lot in common with each other in relation to metal detector audio response. I have no experience to comment on this truth or BS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 03:18AM by Michael296.
Re: Coke ? How do machines re-act to it or Any Other Similarities??
July 06, 2020 09:27AM
Coke (not to be confused with burnt coal) is a pain here, it's easy enough to recognise it when on the surface, but when it's deep many machines will give a good signal on it.
I found the deus the worst, deep coke comes in anywhere on its scale, and can sound like a deep scratchy silver hammered.
The Nox is very good at putting it into ID 1-2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 09:29AM by ghound.
July 06, 2020 05:55PM
How about get a machine that can Neutralize coke.Yet see through it??

That is you dont hear them but the targets that read the same as them are still heard?Even under the said Coke and or even hot rocks.

A machine reporting coke and or hot rocks or cancelling hot rocks misses the targets that read the same as the coke and or hot rock.But not a machine neutralizing through time delays.

The Tarsacci is this machine, and is the ONLY machine that can do this.Besides pure pulse.But pulse has no disc ability compared to the Tarsacci.

A coke switch is nothing more than a silencer of that connectivity to a VLF.

In especially the low end of ID scales the Tarsacci is using Salt balance to NEUTRALIZE not simply silence .

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 06, 2020 09:00PM
Plus One.
July 07, 2020 12:48AM
We did this video earlier this year, and it explains how the Tarsacci “see’s through“ the coke.... [forums.tarsaccisales.com]

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 07, 2020 01:07AM
I have looked longingly at the TARSACCI many times. Just can't get that much cash together at one time and don't get out enough to look harder for the cash. Very interesting machine for sure. I picked up this Goldmaxx V4 AGAIN after selling my last one to get money for another machine I ended up selling two weeks later. DOOAAHH !!!
The idea of using THE SALT BALANCE to neutralize coke and/or hot rocks has got my mental gears turning. Not sure if reverse or forward though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2020 02:05AM by Michael296.
July 07, 2020 05:13PM
Where abouts on the MDT scale does coke read, and is it the same reading on the surface as in ground?
Lots of detectors can ID it on the surface but when it's 6+ inch deep it starts to sound like a good target, the Nox is very good at keeping it in the 1-2 ID numbers and to be fair, in field 1 it all but ignores it even with ID 1 and 2 accepted, so you can still dig targets in that ID range if you wish.

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about get a machine that can Neutralize coke.Y
> et see through it??
>
> That is you dont hear them but the targets that re
> ad the same as them are still heard?Even under the
> said Coke and or even hot rocks.
>
> A machine reporting coke and or hot rocks or canc
> elling hot rocks misses the targets that read the
> same as the coke and or hot rock.But not a machine
> neutralizing through time delays.
>
> The Tarsacci is this machine, and is the ONLY mach
> ine that can do this.Besides pure pulse.But pulse
> has no disc ability compared to the Tarsacci.
>
>
> A coke switch is nothing more than a silencer of t
> hat connectivity to a VLF.
>
> In especially the low end of ID scales the Tarsacc
> i is using Salt balance to NEUTRALIZE not simply s
> ilence .
>
> Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2020 05:30PM by ghound.
July 07, 2020 10:00PM
If you choose to hear Coke it reads about 2 top of ground or deeper..

BUT if you choose to neutralize the coke.Then that is now doing see through and you wont know its there. still dig #2 I.D. targets to liking but not the coke.even under and or around the coke.

The EQ Is still a VLF detector.The Tarsacci is not doing things like a VLF, its doing things in time domain.

The corner has been turned in mineral's.

If your assuming the EQs #2 I.D.s are all coke how much are you leaving?You dont have to.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 08, 2020 12:08AM
In field 1 it all but ignores the largest of coke, and it doesn't give an ID, So you can can choose to dig ID 1 or 2 and be pretty confident it's not coke.
Perhaps I'm looking at it from the wrong angle?
July 08, 2020 12:35AM
Your ignoring the coke, we get that.

The point is....when you disc out that coke what happens if you have one of those tiny hammered coins under that coke?

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 08, 2020 03:08AM
ghound……..just to clarify: On the EQX.....if you are in Field Mode-1...…. are the targets that ID as a '1' or a '2'...are they Disc'd out?
July 08, 2020 06:07AM
No, not discriminating out any numbers in field 1, and you still can hit targets in that range.
In field 2 you have to disc 1-2 or assign them a tone as it hits coke.
"From the Nox user manual
Field 1 Multi-IQ, even with Target IDs 1 and
2 accepted, will reject more coke more than
Field 2 using Multi-IQ."
July 08, 2020 11:57AM
Ok...… just wanted to verify that we are indeed on the same page!
July 08, 2020 03:45PM
No Aaron, I'm not discriminating it out in Field 1, i run it wide open, the detector is ignoring it, this vid will help.
[youtu.be]

Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your ignoring the coke, we get that.
>
> The point is....when you disc out that coke what h
> appens if you have one of those tiny hammered coin
> s under that coke?
July 10, 2020 11:49PM
I hunt back yards up here , they dumped coke ash in them years ago, you dig down 3 inches and it ash, I use a small coil on all my machines and dig all the hot rocks out, like you peel an onion, one yard I find stuff every year, I work at this place, my boss owns it, I want him to grade it away from the building so I can get down deeper, you can detect it, just dig everything