Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQUINOX 800 LEAKING ISSUE TALK , SOLUTION

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EQUINOX 800 LEAKING ISSUE TALK , SOLUTION
July 10, 2020 10:38PM
Here is my take on the leaking problem and the 6 week turn around time on faulty units..

[youtu.be]
Re: EQUINOX 800 LEAKING ISSUE TALK , SOLUTION
July 11, 2020 01:13AM
Don't DIVE with them there is the solution.
And even Minelab is delayed because of COVID.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 01:14AM by GreenMeanie.
July 11, 2020 01:26AM
First off your speaking out your arse ....I dont dive with a Equinox they are USELESS underwater. You cant hear them...

I have used my first one for my hookah setup which never went over 6ft and it leaked. I was not diving it either was just dropping down after signal was found!!

Minelab could open a few Equinoxs and send a replacement if they wanted to. You can buy a Equinox no shortage there....

but you had rather take up for a multi million dollar company than the little guy who is getting screwed by the big corporation...my whole shallow water season is gonna be shot to hades...
THEY SAID IT IS WATERPROOF TO 10 FT NOT ME.....
This is my diving detector.... [i.postimg.cc]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 01:30AM by calabash digger.
July 11, 2020 02:35AM
LOL
Hey you got the NEW APEX to BASH soon save some energy for that.
July 11, 2020 09:25AM
I was under the impression that Minelab didn't fix the pods.. .. . . they replaced them. So what's the hold up? Covid?
July 11, 2020 10:48AM
Covid is the claim but like I said you can buy a Equinox 800 anywhere.... so OPEN one and send the replacements out from that stock. Instead of doing that they got people waiting 6 weeks on a control pod.

Honestly they should be drop shipping replacements to ALL who have control pods that went down...that might affect profit margins more. Sense they already have our money we can wait.

REMEMBER they are the ones that said it is a very small issue.

I walked in Dicks sporting goods and there are the 800S on the shelf but no replacement units...yeah right!
July 11, 2020 01:00PM
Calabash, I totally agree with you.. Minelab makes good machines when they're working, but customer service has always been a issue.
July 11, 2020 02:38PM
I have fishing LURES on back order and a hobie drive leash.
I have a GLoomis NRX 802c and two Shimano Zodias rods missing in shipping for the last month and when I complain to amazon and UPS they are just going to issue a refund they don't care.
It seems anything that requires parts from China and then add in the Shipping debacle make it a crap shoot if you even receive it.
We are living in weird times now and sucks.
July 11, 2020 02:39PM
CD did your sell your Excalibur? I fell your frustration with the 800. Splurge and get a Tarsacci. Speaking from experience I never have that kind of delay from Demitar and Tom. But mine never leaked even sitting on a pool bottom. I saving to get another.
July 11, 2020 06:25PM
The solution for me is : Nothing but a damp cloth.

Dave
July 11, 2020 08:42PM
I can't bring myself to submerge my 800.

When I accidentally fell in the woods with my first one, it did not take much of a hit to break open the control pod and I could see the electronics inside. I imagine even a minor drop on the ground or bump against a tree might be enough to pop the seal and you would never know it. Next thing you know, it leaks when you enter the water.

I like that it's waterproof because I can get it wet or hunt in the rain without concern, but I'm hesitant to actually submerge it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 10:53AM by Badger in NH.
July 11, 2020 11:11PM
GreenMeanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL
> Hey you got the NEW APEX to BASH soon save
> some energy for that.

right! don't go off a cliff yet 'ole cal, ya gut the apex to "bury" yet!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 11, 2020 11:16PM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Calabash, I totally agree with you.. Minelab makes
> good machines when they're working, but customer s
> ervice has always been a issue.

seems like the 800's are the only player in the game that's' worth "two sh*ts!"
and the quality is just not satisfactory. maybe garrett's new apex can match it!
and maybe not! one thing is for sure, you can just look at the garrett,and determine it is much
better built. i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 12, 2020 03:07AM
jmaryt Wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
> seems like the 800's are the only player in the ga
> me that's' worth "two sh*ts!"
> and the quality is just not satisfactory. maybe ga
> rrett's new apex can match it!
> and maybe not! one thing is for sure, you can just
> look at the garrett,and determine it is much
> better built. i'm just sayin'
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

It's sad when it comes down to a little better build on one vs a little better performance on the other. I guess that's the line in the sand,either your happy with getting 7 out of 10 targets and no worries of machine failure or 9 out of 10 targets and have major machine flaws with shitty customer service

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 03:08AM by Woodbutcher.
July 12, 2020 11:59PM
Took my 800 to the lake the other day for the first time and was to scared to submerge it.
and what a pain in the ass using the scoop and trying to pinpoint the targets underwater.
then after about 3 inches down clay which is like cement damn.
To summarize my first water hunt it not as easy as it looks.
July 13, 2020 01:17PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH my.How can this be????
July 15, 2020 10:59AM
Hate your having this issue. When I was in the RV appliance business many moons ago I had a warehouse full of appliances and when parts got scarce and if I had a large inventory of the units I would pull a part. Doing so meant I could lose a sell of a large profit piece until part came in. Also if not in same location as mfg. packing the unit back to make it look new is an issue. I wondering if its they don't have the part or they have no one to do the repair. Both could be an issue. I have notice all kinds of products are suffering from parts shortage due to them coming from China. 6 weeks is a bit much and would make me hesitant to buy a EQ that is if I was in the market for it. I had one and got rid of it. Mine was pool tested to 9 ft. for 15 minutes. I also tested my Tarsacci the same way with good results. Lucky it seems on the EQ. Still prefer my E Trac. over the EQ. I have not had a target yet the EQ would see that the E Trac didn't see when tested. Just didn't get my coil over it the first time. Good luck on repair JR
July 15, 2020 11:18AM
((( JR...…. I'm still keeping my eye out for Serial #00023. )))