Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Daniel what is your impression??Tarsacci MDT

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Daniel what is your impression??Tarsacci MDT
July 24, 2020 01:25PM
I saw your selling the unit. What is your impression of the unit in Civil War iron loaded sites in tough dirt???

Seems like you didnt think much about it when it was released?

Keith claims its the cats meow! Do you find that to be the case???
Re: Daniel what is your impression??Tarsacci MDT
July 24, 2020 01:32PM
I'll say it again---Get one & do your comparison tests with it Calabash (Deus & E800).calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw your selling the unit. What is your impressi
> on of the unit in Civil War iron loaded sites in t
> ough dirt???
>
> Seems like you didnt think much about it when it
> was released?
>
> Keith claims its the cats meow! Do you find that t
> o be the case???
July 24, 2020 01:41PM
I need to see something ...before I shell out 1500 smackers...Dive gear and covid have my hobby money low at this time. TEMPTED...

Lets see what Daniel has to say about the unit! Then I will decide...
July 24, 2020 02:05PM
I don't hunt the iron laden and thick sites like Keith and some of the others do. Keith and I hunt totally different ways for the same relics. His method is finding old Civil War era home sites that are now long gone...torn down and or burned down places that the soldiers would have stopped at during the war or camped at too. That's a totally different kind of hunting than what I do. Those sites have nearly 200 years of targets all piled together in them. My sites are dug in winter camps that are now farm fields. There IS some iron but most of that will be plow points, hay rake pieces, and the occasional tractor part. Totally different hunting styles, hunting winter camps vs over night camps and battle sites. It's not carpets of nails and tin roof sheets, etc for me.

Our dirt is very similar though and that I can give you a report on.

For a non pulse machine, the Tarsacci is a very deep machine. The rule of thumb for VLFs is, is that in this kind of dirt, you have to hunt in all metal and dig everything. IDs are out the window because most things are going to ID as iron whether they are or not. And that's IF you get a signal at all through the ground noise. The Tarsacci does a great job at being able to punch through the ground and give a non ferrous ID on what's down there. I don't think it goes quite as deep as a GPX but is somewhere between a Whites TDI and Minelab GPX in performance. That's saying a lot...and also consider the coil size difference too. A TDI has a 12 inch round coil and GPX comes with a 11 inch round DD and most of the time, I ran mine with an even bigger coil. The Tarsacci's coil is just 8x11.

This is a video I did on one of the last hunts I have been on this year. Date on it is 4 months ago. This was prior to discovering the salt balance in fertilized farm fields too...which GREATLY smooths the machine out and makes the signals stand out even better. This being at my bullet site (which is now cleared for a subdivision BTW). Keep in mind there, that ALL VLF machines would read those bullets as iron.

[youtu.be]

Also...keep in mind that when I first got the machine, there was literally NOTHING out there about it. There wasn't YouTube videos of people using it, or big writeups on how to get the most out of it. No books. Basically the manual that give a brief description of how to toggle the controls and vaguely what they did. The rest was up to us to kinda figure it out as we went. It has been said by many, the first dozen or so hours...you'll think it's nothing special and actually be quite frustrated with it and disappointed. Then something clicks and you get more and more impressed as you figure this and that out about it. At least you guys have a good starting place for it now with the info that IS out there now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 02:10PM by Daniel Tn.
July 24, 2020 03:15PM
Thanks for your post.
July 24, 2020 05:22PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for your post.

Bwaaaah Ha Ha----you can't get anyone to take your bait.
July 24, 2020 07:30PM
Ok croc holiday.....