Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GARRETT APEX TEST IN CALABASH DIGGER'S TEST GARDEN ... HOW DOES IT DO?

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GARRETT APEX TEST IN CALABASH DIGGER'S TEST GARDEN ... HOW DOES IT DO?
October 15, 2020 11:46AM
Re: GARRETT APEX TEST IN CALABASH DIGGER'S TEST GARDEN ... HOW DOES IT DO?
October 15, 2020 04:05PM
Interesting test. I think he did a good (non-biased) job with it, given the caveats that he had little time, and was not familiar with the unit prior to testing.

I'd be most curious to hear from a few AT-Pro/AT-MAX users, to see -- just based on the results shown in the video -- if they feel as though the APEX looks like it may offer any performance advantage, as compared to the Pro and MAX units. I would ASSUME that it does, but not being a Garrett user, there's no way for me to know.

Steve
October 15, 2020 06:15PM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting test. I think he did a good (non-bias
> ed) job with it, given the caveats that he
> had little time, and was not familiar with the uni
> t prior to testing.
>
> I'd be most curious to hear from a few AT-Pro/AT-M
> AX users, to see -- just based on the results show
> n in the video -- if they feel as though the APEX
> looks like it may offer any performance advantage,
> as compared to the Pro and MAX units. I wo
> uld ASSUME that it does, but not being a Garrett u
> ser, there's no way for me to know.
>
> Steve

I think it would give you one advantage over the AT Max Steve.----It wouldn't give you a migraine when running in iron! smiling smiley
October 15, 2020 08:30PM
I have a A T Pro and from what I saw in the video, until I learn other wise, I see no advantage with the Apex. To my ears, the A T Pro still has some of the best audio going in Pro Zero, and in its price range, still a pretty darn good unmasker. My F 75 always has been my main swing, but the A T Pro still sees a fair amount of action. My 2 cents, anyway. Oh, and I feel Calabash did a nice job in the limited time he had. No bashing, just straight forward, here it is. HH jim tn
October 16, 2020 06:12PM
Del -- LOL! Since I've never swung an AT, I can't relate, but I'll certainly take your word for it!

Jim -- thanks for the comments. I don't plan to buy an Apex, but I am certainly interested, from the perspective that a new manufacturer has stepped into the SMF arena...

Steve
October 17, 2020 04:21AM
At Pro pretty good unmasker .. ??
Compared to what?
Try a Deus and see. No comparison.

Notice NASA Tom don’t talk about F75 anymore. Why?
Equinox is trump card to F75 If run correctly.

Yeah I get a kick of the Hoover boys hunting those what looks like good sites with Garrett AT series detectors.
Wonder what I might find going in behind them using Deus or Equinox?

Laughable what I see with all the bs.

If I told you all, all of what I have heard concerning Apex you would be very surprised.
I won’t though.

Moral of the story:
Manufacturers need to quit using all these suspense tactics when releasing new model detectors.
And it turns out the new model is substandard really in performance.

Minelab dropped a detector out of an airplane and used suspense leading up to detectival event.
Turns out though they indeed dropped a product out of an aircraft that was indeed game changing.

Remember what someone here said eventually about Equinox 800 and small coil.
They said it seemed to be the deepest small coil setup they had ever run/seen.
And funny thing is detector was sold soon after.
Why would any relic hunter sell a (deepest small coil detector) setup ?
You got me - guess who?

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 04:29AM by tnsharpshooter.
October 17, 2020 11:01AM
I know better, but, haven't had enough coffee yet, ....... glad to see our Tn detecting mavin is back at it and keeping some of us so well informed with his profound opinions.

I know it might be hard for you to comprehend, tss, but some of us in the detector world just might be happy and content with the detector(s) we are using. I know, hard to fathom, but its true. Now you have a great weekend. you hear! HH jim tn
October 17, 2020 01:16PM
The Hoover Boys consistently have a hunter using an Equinox in their videos. He finds some great stuff, but to be honest I think the finds are pretty even. They also hunt very large fields where masking is not an issue. It is more of a luck thing with getting your coil over the target. Plus the fields are tossed and the targets with it. They also do a fair share of water hunting in the hot months and the AT series detectors seem to do great.

I said it before, and I think it is worth repeating. It isn't their detectors at all. It is hard work and permissions that get the finds. They hunt all day and walk miles. They dig plastic containers full of trash.

And to top it off they just don't seem to care what people on the forums say or think about their detectors.
October 17, 2020 02:29PM
That coil size and configuration does not help it on the deeper targets for sure.