Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Teknetics Omega..initial bench testing

Posted by TerraDigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Teknetics Omega..initial bench testing
July 21, 2011 04:27AM
This particular unit will ID a coin upon the slighest audio signal. I mean audio that is barely perceptible/almost non-existent (using headphones in test). And the target ID is as accurate as if the coin was 3 inches from the coil. TID results are far better than those in Monte's Omega benchtest I posted. Although audio depth is almost exactly the same as Monte's testing. This TID phenomena exists on all 3 coils (11"DD, 5"DD & 10" concentric).
On the other hand, if I put a coin within 1-2" of a bottlecap (rusty/non-rusted) the machine will pick up the coin for first 1-3 sweeps. Any more sweeps and it seems the bottlecap nulls the machine out, the TID locks on the TID # 99, and the coin cannot be detected.
Anyone else have these experiences with the Omega?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 08:24AM by TerraDigger.
Re: Teknetics Omega..initial bench testing
July 21, 2011 03:52PM
I still have my Omega though I never use it...The G2 and Gold Bug are some of the best detectors out there for the money for me! I even tested it against the V3i and the G2 hit on even more targets. The depth may not as deep as the V3i but that would be more in turf then relic hunting in hard pack dirt. All the coils on the G2 are deep that was not the case for me on the Omega. I don't know how they built the code for the Omega and T2 and the G2 and LTD but for machines that don't have alot of user programing boy the Dave J team is the best. And now we can wait and see what is next and I am thinking it will not just be another upgrade to the other platform but a different way to unmask and maybe a whole new set of coils. And I am hoping a high end coin machine that will help read trash...but while I wait the G2 gets better and better and that is what it is all about..having a machine you can go anywhere with and know you can take some history back home...

LowBoy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Teknetics Omega..initial bench testing
July 21, 2011 05:15PM
Lawrenzo, I think a little birdie whispered something in your ear about the next Fisher machine......... something intriguing, maybe in 6 months?