Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Picked up a Teknetics T2 Classic Detector

Posted by cwtrader1863 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Picked up a Teknetics T2 Classic Detector
December 08, 2020 02:20PM
Picked up a Teknetics T2 Classic Detector. I hunt mostly plantations and camps loaded in square nails. What coil would see thru the iron the best?
Re: Picked up a Teknetics T2 Classic Detector
December 08, 2020 03:33PM
I've had good results using the 5" T2 coil at my iron infested sites. If you want something not quite so small, try the 8" x 6" SEF.

For depth and coverage, the 12" x 15" SEF is awesome. It gets a good two inches more depth on a silver dime in my soil compared to the stock 11". Lightweight for its size and easy to swing. I can't say enough good things about the SEF coils.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2020 08:23PM by Badger in NH.
December 08, 2020 04:26PM
Nel Snake coil 3.5x6.5 is a good coil.

Nel Snake coil by Rick Covert, on Flickr
December 09, 2020 02:18AM
I have about 10 coils for my green T2 and for really trashy sites the 5'' coil is deadly,for normal everyday use and also found me the most gold and silver coinage is the Nel Sharpshooter and for pasture when both some extra depth and ground coverage is neaded then the SEF 15x12 coil is the one i mainly use.

But possibly my all time favourite coil is that NEL Sharpshooter,great for target separation,not far behind the stock coil for depth and reasonably light as well.

The T2 and the Sharpshooter has found me more hammered and milled gold and hammered coins than all my other detectors put together.
December 09, 2020 02:44AM
cwtrader1863 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Picked up a Teknetics T2 Classic Detector. I hunt
> mostly plantations and camps loaded in square nail
> s. What coil would see thru the iron the best?

get the 5" dd round coil. outstanding separation

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 09, 2020 07:56PM
I would get the snake coil. Keith S has a huge post about the classic and the snake coil.