Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Masking and dirty sounds

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Masking and dirty sounds
July 22, 2011 03:04AM
I know that sometimes when you are hunting iron, like nails and such that you have to listen to pick-out the relics and coins that may be hiding. I always look for a VDI that is different from the iron and also I listen to the tone. But the other day I was hunting and all the targets I hunted had a dirty, gritty sound to them. If I had not seen a VDI in the 80 flash on and off the screen and I didn't slow down to really see what was going on,I would have missed them. On the G2 you can get a real zippy tone that is soft but these tones were different and after digging all of the targets that day all of the dirty sounding targets were good targets. Six silver dimes and two WW2 buttons and about four wheats.

I first thought of masking...but found no other target in the ground and when I went over the dug target there was no sound...So I am thinking maybe like TOM and saying ''what if the ground has rust flakes that I could not see or hear and they were masking these targets''? If I had a magnet I would have found out. I was also using my friends V3i and trying to get it as close to the G2 as I could and then see if I could push it or program it to do better.

Well it took me about two days to come close to the G2 but after I got close I was able to see all of the same targets that the G2 was seeing and with a fast swing but not as fast as the G2 and the recovery was fast but not as fast as the G2. I am trying to see if I can go beyond the G2 and see if I can push a bit more out of the V3i. So far all I can do is get more depth while turf hunting with a better VDI and tone and that is a good thing for the V3i because the G2 is not a turf hunter but that is up to each of us that have one.

I wrote to Dave J asking "how did you build the G2 for such a great price and very little programing if any, to respond so well to my dirt. You can swing the G2 fast and in hard-pack ground you can hit almost any target. And the G2 loves coins of all shapes and sizes and relics, bullets, buttons and just about everything inbetween. I have found six diamond gold rings in two months but had to dig alot of trash but hell it is worth that kind of effort. So masking has alot of different sounds and I know it was not due to EMI...

For the price of the G2 you can get two of them for the price of the V3i. I am waiting for Tek and Fisher to come out with a new state of the art coin hunter but till then I will play with my friends V3i till he sells it or my program makes him want to keep it...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Masking and dirty sounds
July 22, 2011 06:13AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know that sometimes when you are hunting iron,
> like nails and such that you have to listen to
> pick-out the relics and coins that may be hiding.
> I always look for a VDI that is different from the
> iron and also I listen to the tone. But the other
> day I was hunting and all the targets I hunted had
> a dirty, gritty sound to them. If I had not seen a
> VDI in the 80 flash on and off the screen and I
> didn't slow down to really see what was going on,I
> would have missed them. On the G2 you can get a
> real zippy tone that is soft but these tones were
> different and after digging all of the targets
> that day all of the dirty sounding targets were
> good targets. Six silver dimes and two WW2 buttons
> and about four wheats.
>
> I first thought of masking...but found no other
> target in the ground and when I went over the dug
> target there was no sound...So I am thinking maybe
> like TOM and saying ''what if the ground has rust
> flakes that I could not see or hear and they were
> masking these targets''? If I had a magnet I would
> have found out. I was also using my friends V3i
> and trying to get it as close to the G2 as I could
> and then see if I could push it or program it to
> do better.
>
> Well it took me about two days to come close to
> the G2 but after I got close I was able to see all
> of the same targets that the G2 was seeing and
> with a fast swing but not as fast as the G2 and
> the recovery was fast but not as fast as the G2. I
> am trying to see if I can go beyond the G2 and see
> if I can push a bit more out of the V3i. So far
> all I can do is get more depth while turf hunting
> with a better VDI and tone and that is a good
> thing for the V3i because the G2 is not a turf
> hunter but that is up to each of us that have
> one.
>
> I wrote to Dave J asking "how did you build the G2
> for such a great price and very little programing
> if any, to respond so well to my dirt. You can
> swing the G2 fast and in hard-pack ground you can
> hit almost any target. And the G2 loves coins of
> all shapes and sizes and relics, bullets, buttons
> and just about everything inbetween. I have found
> six diamond gold rings in two months but had to
> dig alot of trash but hell it is worth that kind
> of effort. So masking has alot of different sounds
> and I know it was not due to EMI...
>
> For the price of the G2 you can get two of them
> for the price of the V3i. I am waiting for Tek and
> Fisher to come out with a new state of the art
> coin hunter but till then I will play with my
> friends V3i till he sells it or my program makes
> him want to keep it...

i think that coin hunter is near! just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 22, 2011 07:42AM
Promises, promises some joker makes a video about a G2 LTD and now we are waiting with our tongues hanging out like a dog expecting his master's return thinking this might be the day. Well, darn it, if I short out the keyboard with drool before FT finds a way to mix dual processors and boost mode, I am not going to be happy.
Hmmmm, ya think they would make it water proof while they are at it? Keep it light for the elderly and simple for the, the, what are we talking about?
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 23, 2011 02:52AM
I made the dreadful mistake of selling my G2 a couple of weeks ago. I tried making an Omega 8000 fill the G2's shoes. I like the Omega. It's a capable machine. But I missed my G2 so much that I called Bart and ordered a new one. Taking it out to an an old steamboat landing on the Tennessee river early in the morning. The G2 is just a pure joy to use.
July 23, 2011 09:54PM
LowBoY , I'm getting the same results from the AT Pro, the machine makes a lot of sounds and if you know what the sounds are you can dig among the iron and it like to whisper to you too on the real deep metal