Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Impulse, Tasacci , Equinox 800.. Need a loaner Impulse.

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher Impulse, Tasacci , Equinox 800.. Need a loaner Impulse.
February 24, 2021 12:00AM
I need a loaner Impulse to test ...Basstrackerman is bringing his Tarsacci and I have the Equinox... Will take it to this location to test...[youtu.be]
Re: Fisher Impulse, Tasacci , Equinox 800.. Need a loaner Impulse.
February 24, 2021 12:07AM
Lol. Tasarski?

It's funny how so many people have trouble pronouncing Tar-sa-chee.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2021 12:22AM by Badger in NH.
February 24, 2021 12:15AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need a loaner Impulse to test ...Basstrackerman
> is bringing his Tarsacci and I have the Equinox...
> Will take it to this location to test...[yo]
> utu.be/8prRYNWJ7xU

I ordered the 12" coil too so you will have both coils, waterproof headphones by Tony Eisenhower and charging stuff batteries etc. Coil will be here In a week or so. I have your number from Tnsharpshooter so I will send i text to let me know when a good time is to bring this to you. Bill
February 24, 2021 02:51AM
Should be interesting.
The Tarsacci does indeed take a bit of a learning-curve/skillset to set up. Once learned....... it is quite easy/fundamental.
February 24, 2021 03:23AM
Beach your on in video is the flattest around. I was there today and left not long after. One fishing weight and pop tab. First day I have had to hunt in months. Surprised I didn't run into you. I was there just before low tide around 11. Try the next one north and will find better conditions there south of pier for a uncontrolled hunt. If you are planning to bury your own targets then it won't matter. JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2021 03:26AM by ShovelNose.
February 24, 2021 12:19PM
Thanks, JR I was there around 3 .....
February 24, 2021 12:24PM
Where would be a good place to start Tom on setting it up for the wet salt sand beach?
February 24, 2021 03:04PM
David....... I'm going to 'guess' your beach. I should be fairly close. From your (provided) video...... your beach looks to be regular yellow sand...... with minimal/no mineralization. Just alkali/salt. Try the following settings:

Black Sand = OFF
Volume = 15
Sens = 9
Thresh = -1
Ground Balance = 625
All Metal
Disc = -30 (((Make sure it's NEGATIVE 30)))
Tracking = OFF
18Khz with Salt Balance on 19. (These settings go together).

9Khz with Salt Balance on 33. (These settings also go together)

What does "OFF" mean: When the specific icon screen is CLEAR....that icon setting is "OFF". When the icon setting is BLACKENED ....that setting is "ON". I have to say this....because I have had plenty of folks think that when that screen/icon is 'blackened'.... they mistakenly thought that Mode/Function was 'off'.

I am giving you my Florida settings. They should be (somewhat) close.

You will find 18Khz to be 'chatty' in the splash..... and in the water. The Tarsacci will give even greater depth performance (above maximum depth performance) in the water..... BUT.....you have to kill this extra (above maximum) depth performance because of the 'chattiness'.....by reducing the Sens back down to maximum depth allowability. I usually use 9Khz IN the water and in the splash/crash.......if I am water hunting on that day.

Each frequency requires a different Salt Balance number/setting.
How do you Salt Balance the Tarsacci? Go to Salt Balance (highlight the Icon)......then bob the coil up-and-down. If the unit ONLY expresses hi-tones whilst bobbing the coil up-and-down......lower the Salt Balance numbers. If the unit expresses ONLY low tones whilst bobbing the coil up-and-down.... raise the Salt Balance numbers. If the tones are toggling between: low-high-low-high-low-high-low-high....... as you bob the coil up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down....... you have found proper Salt Balance.

You can play with (toggle between): All Metal Mode, Disc Mode.....and Mixed Mode....if you want. It makes no depth difference. Just simply/merely users choice! I like to swing in All Metal Mode because it provides a bit more audio intelligibility on the wet-slope.....especially if you bump into the wet sand (or hit seashells).......,,,,,, you'll know it's not a target but/rather a 'bump' into the wet sand. Plus..... in All Metal Mode...you still have full-spectrum ID capabilities with the VDI display screen.

Remember....... you are on the beach to find low conductive gold! This is where the Tarsacci, EQX (and guessing) the AQ are at their best.
February 24, 2021 03:14PM
I live 10 minutes from CD. These settings are what I have been using since last year. Beaches are pretty much like Fla beaches with no black sand. Every beach in a 50 mile range except for one was replenished 2 to 2.5 years ago and they are slowly starting to look normal. Now if the people come back and the local ring finder breaks both hands lol we may have some finds this year.
I fractured 2 bones in my left hand last Feb. and just as I was able to pick up a scoop I had my pinky on same hand dislocated in Oct so just now getting back to normal.
February 24, 2021 03:26PM
Ouch John!!!! Gotta get back to perfect health!!!!
Health is THE most important thing in life.
February 25, 2021 03:22PM
Somehow fate has targeted my left hand. Healthy other wise for an old fart. Staying safe but still living life. I learned when I was into Scuba that you keep you hands out of all orifices period if you want to keep your snice's and ear drums flexible. I have a primo spot for a week at Jetty Park in October. Hoping beach conditions are better than in 19' and the love bugs season has passed. lol
February 26, 2021 12:49AM
Without hearing the inventor actually speak the name "Tarsacci," I would have imagined it could have been pronounced several different ways, including "Tar-SACH'-ee

Or, "Tar-SOCK'-ee, or "Tar-SACK'-ee."'
February 26, 2021 02:55PM
I imagine it pronouce Tar-sa-see.
February 26, 2021 05:31PM
I've always thought that the cc is pronounced ch and the i at the end is pronounced as a long e. Just like Gucci.

Arron says Tar-sa-chee in his MDT videos. He talks to Dimitar a lot so that is probably the correct pronunciation. The accent is on the second syllable.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 06:00PM by Badger in NH.
February 26, 2021 06:00PM
I'll stick with MDT 8000. Tarsacci sounds like something I would drink with fried rice.