Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Happy Days

Posted by ozzie 
Happy Days
March 28, 2021 04:16PM
RodPA and I went to the place where there was an old water park from back in the late 1800's, today it's just a nice wooded park.

We were detecting along and Rodman asked me to go over a target he tagged but it didn't entice him to pursue.. Went over it with the MDT, 12" coil and got repeated high tones, told him I would dig it. He went in and sure enough it was a little silver lapel pin, I would call it. Pretty cool, I thought.

A bit later we were getting the unwanted clad, a couple wheat's then BAHM! up comes a deep merc. I'll take it. Not old, 1945. On and on we went. We only had a couple hours to hunt and were turning back when I hit a shallow high tone target, screamed at me, didn't check the numbers though. I almost walked away, but didn't.

Popped up the turf just below the grass root line and out comes a set of keys. Poor soul that lost them, oh well. Looking close there was a rabies tag from 2018. Looking even closer was a gold wedding band on the key chain, 14k mans. Went over to Rod to show him the keys while hiding the gold. He gave me that whooptie-do look until I showed him the gold, then his eyes went wide.

We got back to our vehicles and as I was loading up the truck for home, a elderly lady pulls in next to my truck. She gets out, notices the detectors and pleasantly asks we found anything good, I said yes, check this out. Her eyes went wide and she said OMG!
Upon further inspection of the dog tag, there was a vet phone number. She insisted I call the vet when I got home because she said the ring was a promise to someone and very important. I said I certainly will call.

Looking at the tag again I saw the dogs name and another phone number. Good deal, it must be the owner. The lady said, if I minded if she called the number, I said go ahead. She punched the number into her cell, no answer. As we were chit chatting, her phone rings and it was a man. She asked him if he lost a set of keys at this park, he said yes, 2-1/2 years ago. I told her to ask what the dogs name was on the tag and he was correct, Molly was on the tag.

She handed me the phone to iron out the where & when's. I told him there is a wedding band on the key chain, he went ecstatic with joy, I could hear it in his voice. He was from the next town over. I asked if he could meet me here now, he said he could be at the park in 10 minutes, great! I said.

He drove up and I could see a smile on his face fifty feet away. He gets out, says my name, we all introduced our selves and I handed him the keys with the ring attached. He couldn't be happier. He took out a 50 dollar bill and said his wife insisted he give it to me, I refused and he kept at it, I said bud, I don't need it, please put it back in your pocket. We talked another 20 minutes.He said Molly his dog had died but he was with the same wife for 30 years. Made me laugh when he said there were several locks at home that he could now open. He said he looked for those keys for two hours back then. He again tried to push the $50 on me, I stuck to my guns and said thanks, but no with a smile.

We parted ways. As I drove home I thought WoW!, those events lined up perfect, I feel good! By the way Rodman said I should post this on Tom's site, here ya go.
Re: Happy Days
March 28, 2021 04:30PM
Great story Ozzie, thanks for posting it.---You guys are good guys.----One of my lifetime friends (now deceased) once said it makes you feel good doing things for people.---He was right.---Del
Re: Happy Days
March 28, 2021 05:15PM
Thats a fantastic story, thank you so much for sharing! Score one for the good guys!

-Kerry
Re: Happy Days
March 28, 2021 05:38PM
Steve........ THAT'S an awesome story!!!! One that you will NEVER forget.....for the rest of your life!
Re: Happy Days
March 28, 2021 10:31PM
TERRIFIC story, Ozzie! What a great thing to have been a part of!

Steve
Re: Happy Days
March 28, 2021 11:43PM
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 12:49AM
Great story! Congratulations to you and Molly's owner.

Its the best feeling in the world, isnt it. smileys with beer
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 01:16AM
Thanks for posting Ozzie. Awesome. The world needs more like you. smileys with beer
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 02:06AM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RodPA and I went to the place where there was an o
> ld water park from back in the late 1800's, today
> it's just a nice wooded park.
>
> We were detecting along and Rodman asked me to go
> over a target he tagged but it didn't entice him t
> o pursue.. Went over it with the MDT, 12" coil and
> got repeated high tones, told him I would dig it.
> He went in and sure enough it was a little silver
> lapel pin, I would call it. Pretty cool, I thought
> .
>
> A bit later we were getting the unwanted clad, a c
> ouple wheat's then BAHM! up comes a deep merc. I'l
> l take it. Not old, 1945. On and on we went. We on
> ly had a couple hours to hunt and were turning bac
> k when I hit a shallow high tone target, screamed
> at me, didn't check the numbers though. I almost w
> alked away, but didn't.
>
> Popped up the turf just below the grass root line
> and out comes a set of keys. Poor soul that lost t
> hem, oh well. Looking close there was a rabies tag
> from 2018. Looking even closer was a gold wedding
> band on the key chain, 14k mans. Went over to Rod
> to show him the keys while hiding the gold. He gav
> e me that whooptie-do look until I showed him the
> gold, then his eyes went wide.
>
> We got back to our vehicles and as I was loading u
> p the truck for home, a elderly lady pulls in next
> to my truck. She gets out, notices the detectors a
> nd pleasantly asks we found anything good, I said
> yes, check this out. Her eyes went wide and she sa
> id OMG!
> Upon further inspection of the dog tag, there was
> a vet phone number. She insisted I call the vet wh
> en I got home because she said the ring was a prom
> ise to someone and very important. I said I certai
> nly will call.
>
> Looking at the tag again I saw the dogs name and a
> nother phone number. Good deal, it must be the own
> er. The lady said, if I minded if she called the n
> umber, I said go ahead. She punched the number int
> o her cell, no answer. As we were chit chatting, h
> er phone rings and it was a man. She asked him if
> he lost a set of keys at this park, he said yes, 2
> -1/2 years ago. I told her to ask what the dogs na
> me was on the tag and he was correct, Molly was on
> the tag.
>
> She handed me the phone to iron out the where & wh
> en's. I told him there is a wedding band on the ke
> y chain, he went ecstatic with joy, I could hear i
> t in his voice. He was from the next town over. I
> asked if he could meet me here now, he said he cou
> ld be at the park in 10 minutes, great! I said.
>
> He drove up and I could see a smile on his face fi
> fty feet away. He gets out, says my name, we all i
> ntroduced our selves and I handed him the keys wit
> h the ring attached. He couldn't be happier. He to
> ok out a 50 dollar bill and said his wife insisted
> he give it to me, I refused and he kept at it, I s
> aid bud, I don't need it, please put it back in yo
> ur pocket. We talked another 20 minutes.He said Mo
> lly his dog had died but he was with the same wife
> for 30 years. Made me laugh when he said there wer
> e several locks at home that he could now open. He
> said he looked for those keys for two hours back t
> hen. He again tried to push the $50 on me, I stuck
> to my guns and said thanks, but no with a smile.
>
> We parted ways. As I drove home I thought WoW!, th
> ose events lined up perfect, I feel good! By the
> way Rodman said I should post this on Tom's site,
> here ya go.


very interesting circumstances!.perhaps the work of Jesus!
may god always bless you!

(h.h!)
j.t.
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 03:00AM
It always feels great to help someone out...a total stranger...family member...friend...neighbor....there’s a sense of self satisfaction that feeds the ego in a good way. And deservedly so. Awesome act Ozzie, you make us proud to do what we do.
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 03:14AM
Awesome story. Made me smile
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 08:09AM
Wow guys! My back is sore from all the pats.. .. .. It's one of those good sores though, thanks for the praises and all the thumbs up. .. .boosts an ole boy up.thumbs downsmileys with beer
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 10:02AM
Very cool!
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 11:02AM
Awesome story (and find!)WTG!!!
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 01:12PM
couple clarifications and corrections.

1. I told Steve i WOULD dig the target, but wanted his opinion on if it was deep or small. It was fairly deep AND small.


2. He probably had to show the lady his wedding ring about about 20 times...pretty sure she wanted his info right there.

Steve is a good fella, and fun to hunt with.
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 01:32PM
Rod-PA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> couple clarifications and corrections.
>
> 1. I told Steve i WOULD dig the target, but wante
> d his opinion on if it was deep or small. It was
> fairly deep AND small.
>
>
> 2. He probably had to show the lady his wedding ri
> ng about about 20 times...pretty sure she wanted h
> is info right there.
>
> Steve is a good fella, and fun to hunt with.

Yea, my hearing is worn and I probably didn't hear ya. So please excuse me for telling an honest fib. .. if there is such a thing.
You think she was hitting on me, is that what you're suggesting? She did say she was single. I wouldn't know if a woman was hitting on me or not, unless it was down right obvious. I think most are just being friendly.
Thanks for the compliment there RodMan! We'll get out again soon. . .I may hit the park tomorrow, weather permitting.
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 09:20PM
Today is my birthday,number 80, and this post by OZ is the best gift I could receive.--Thanks Big Guy !!!
Re: Happy Days
March 29, 2021 10:30PM
Happy birthday doc.-----doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Today is my birthday,number 80, and this post by O
> Z is the best gift I could receive.--Thanks Big Gu
> y !!!
Re: Happy Days
March 30, 2021 12:01AM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Today is my birthday,number 80, and this post by O
> Z is the best gift I could receive.--Thanks Big Gu
> y !!!

HAPPY BIRTH DAY DOC!!

You got it brother,
Re: Happy Days
March 31, 2021 12:46AM
Nice!!!!!! Congrats
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 12 on December 18, 2021
Record Number of Guests: 167 on September 14, 2021
Gold Prices Silver Prices


EPIPHANY METAL DETECTING Announcement

PERSONAL TRAINING....BY PHONE!!!

This forum powered by Phorum.
Forum page views since Jan. 1, 2010.