Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nothing to do with detecting but...

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nothing to do with detecting but...
November 15, 2021 07:50PM
Long story short, I have a cousin that used to come up to our farm and stay for part of the summer each year. The last time that I have seen her was 33 years ago then her and her parents moved to Florida. For years I have wanted to see her again but never had the time or the money but I said to myself I am going to go see her whether money is tight or not. 33 years is way too long to be apart from a good friend or family member. She lives in St. Petersburg, my wife has never been to a southern state and has never been on a plane, I am looking very forward to our trip. Sorry to post a non detecting post but wanted to share my excitement with you folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2021 01:07AM by SkiWhiz.
Re: Nothing to do with detecting but...
November 15, 2021 08:15PM
That will be a great trip Steve---happy for you that you can do it.-----My wife & I made a once in a lifetime (for us) trip to Florida some years ago & had a wonderful time.----Be sure & take a detector so you can at least do a little detecting while there.---------Del
November 15, 2021 08:37PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That will be a great trip Steve---happy for you th
> at you can do it.-----My wife & I made a once in a
> lifetime (for us) trip to Florida some years ago &
> had a wonderful time.----Be sure & take a detector
> so you can at least do a little detecting while th
> ere.---------Del

Thanks Del, I love to fly, I was a repair technician at my last job and got sent out to repair lights that we built at the factory. I repaired ights for the Miami Heat and the Dolphins, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Buffalo Sabres, and the Anaheim Angels, and a few other places. This will be my first flight that wasn't for work.
November 15, 2021 11:15PM
Sounds like you'll have a great time! Why not pack a detector too? smiling bouncing smiley
November 16, 2021 01:12AM
Are you gonna hug her neck when you see her? smiling smiley
November 16, 2021 09:12AM
Bill long Wrote:
> Are you gonna hug her neck when you see her? smiling smiley Not sure what you mean by hug her neck but I imagine that I am going to give her a hug when I see her.
November 16, 2021 03:07PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> Bill long Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Are you gonna hug her neck when you see her? smiling smiley
> Not sure what you mean by hug her neck but I imagi
> ne that I am going to give her a hug when I see he
> r.

Old southern thing. As a kid when we’d visit old aunts and uncles we hadn’t see for a while it was “Come here youngan let me hug your neck”
November 16, 2021 04:37PM
They mean hug your neck with two hands, thumbs across and pressing on the wind pipe. The old saying "I'm going to wring your neck" you annoying kid.lol
November 16, 2021 10:28PM
ozzie Wrote:
> They mean hug your neck with two hands, thumbs acr
> oss and pressing on the wind pipe. The old saying
> "I'm going to wring your neck" you annoying kid.lo
> l

Ya know Ozzie I think you might be right. I was a fast moving annoying little fart smiling bouncing smiley