Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

who is selling Tom's video...

Posted by connortn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
who is selling Tom's video...
August 02, 2011 08:40PM
I asked Tom and he said someone here is selling a beach video recorded of him at a detector meet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 10:12PM by connortn.
Re: who is selling tome video...
August 02, 2011 09:01PM
Suncoast research and recovery club
August 02, 2011 10:35PM
Wally, I cannot find the Suncoast Wally 2-pack DVD set on the home-page...........or anywhere on this web-site. Did you change it's location?
August 03, 2011 01:59AM
Okay.......... I see it. Scroll down to nearly the bottom of this page.
August 03, 2011 02:58AM
OK. I must be reeeeeeaaaaalll slow here.

Tom, I went to the bottom of this page and saw a link for your DVD but when I click on it, I get your ...
"Metal Detecting Real World Techniques Inland Coin and Relic Hunting" DVD but there's nothing there about the "Suncoast Wally 2-pack DVD set".

I'm going to guess that your "Metal Detecting Real World..." DVD is not included in the "Suncoast Wally..." two pack DVD. When I saw mention of a "2-pack" I assumed (wrongly) that your "Real World Techniques" and Suncoast Wally's "Relic & Beach Hunting" were what made up the two DVD's of the 2-pack.

Evidently that's not true.

So.... there must be really THREE DVD's... one dvd that makes up your " Tom's Metal Detecting Real World Techniques Inland Coin and Relic Hunting" for $24.95... AND.. an additional 2-pack of dvd's, sometimes mentioned here as the "Suncoast Walley 2-pack DVD set" entitled the "Tom Dankowski DVD Set, Relic & Beach Hunting" for $16.00 plus shipping (and tax if applicable).

I'm sure that's as clear as mud.

But... to actually 'find' the "Suncoast Walley 2-pack DVD set", I had to google it as I could not find it on the dankowskidetectors home page, or by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. I could only find Tom's DVD.

The Suncoast Walley DVD's are at: [www.srarc.com]

I reallllly hope I have this right. If I don't Tom, please butt in and "explain the way more clearly unto me" so I won't be misleading someone.

Boy, I sure hope I'm right here...

By the way... I just ordered both..er... all three :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 03:07AM by connortn.
August 03, 2011 12:14PM
There's only 2 DVD's out there. One of them is a two-pack case with 2-DVD's in it............which is the seminar DVD's. If you scroll down right here on this forum....and find the spot-gold and spot-silver graphs........directly above these graphs is the "Tom Dankowski Seminar Relic & Beach Hunting DVD Set" ad.
August 03, 2011 03:09PM
Anyone interested in getting the 2 DVD Seminar set goto www.srarc.com and click on Dankowski DVD located in the Navigator Bar. I have about 25 sets left but sales have slowed enough that I'm a little
reluctant to get more unless I get enough response. It is a big expense for a club to undergo as a minimum order is a 100 sets and they would be more costly, per set, than the first 250 sets I ordered.
I had the good fortune of having facilities at my church to record and edit the videos free, which helped keep the price down. There was a S&H increase of 50 cents to accomadate postage increase.
If interested let me know and with sufficient interest I could order more!

Suncoast Wally
August 03, 2011 06:15PM
Ha! Finally figured out why I wasn't seeing the ad at the bottom of the page. My computer was set up to block ads and it caught it! Sorry for the misunderstanding.
August 03, 2011 07:40PM
Thanks Connortn, Your video is in the mail. I know you'll learn from it!

Suncoast Wally
Re: who is selling Tom's video...
August 04, 2011 06:13PM
Just ordered a set - thanks!!!
August 07, 2011 03:12AM
Tom... received your video today at work. Came home and watched it. Learned A LOT!!! Took my newly aquired 1021 CZ3D and went immediately to local school playground where I grew up and had detected before. I'm sure many others had also. Found... in two hours... 11 wheat pennies (1926 and up), 6 copper Lincolns, 2 Jefferson nickles (ID'd as foil), 2 clad dimes, and A SILVER RING! Nearly all were 2-4 inches deep. After about 4 inches, the soil turns into nothing but rock!

I think the most important thing I learned watching your video was confidence in what I was doing. This evening, I KNEW what to listen for where as before I just didn't know. I found myself quickly retrieving a target and moving on instead of pussyfooting around trying to decide if I had found a good target or not. I had learned the importance of not wasting time when gold panning, but it hadn't clicked with metal detecting until watching your video.

One very important thing I learned tonight was to listen to the "foil" targets and using the pinpointing, move the coil around and see how "big" the target appears in the ground. If it's fairly large I won't waste my time thinking it may be a ring. I've found that all of my good targets gave very quick beeps covering a very small area of the ground. The only exception was a coin spill of 3 coins in one hole... twice!

Another important thing I learned watching your video... learning to use the edge of the coil like a probe to pinpoint a target after digging it up. I always us a pinpointer, and the batteries gave out near the end of my hunt. By using your method of probing with the edge of the search coil, I was able to stay and find several more coins in the failing light.

I cannot thank you enough for this tutorial on a DVD. I had read other people say the same thing, and kept putting off ordering it until I had almost become disappointed with detecting. I can't wait till your beach DVD is released. Please put a burr under someones saddle to get it on the market :-)

Connortn
August 07, 2011 10:36AM
Connor.........glad you gained some info with this DVD. I like the fact that you focused on 'time'. Time-saved...........means MORE time to find more targets..........AND...... less frustration....keeping you 'in-the-game' longer. This is a important point..... as most hunts we go on.... are limited on time...for many reasons.

The beach DVD will also focus on 'time'.....as one of the primary points.