Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Andy Sabisch Deus test

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Andy Sabisch Deus test
December 27, 2021 01:08PM
One of the FB pages has a video now with Andy Sabisch testing and discussing a couple of targets on the wet sand. Heres what he said:

I have had a number of people ask for feedback on how the Deus II handled wet saltwater beaches since one area where the original Deus was challenged – as are all single frequency VLF detectors – was on saltwater beaches especially those containing black sand. I don’t want to turn this post into a “I can get my VLF detector to work by doing XXXX or YYYY” discussion as yes, I have used the original Deus on salt water beaches with a moderate degree of success but a Pulse Induction (PI) or Multi-Frequency (MF) detector will always perform with greater stability and detection depth. Hoping to see this be the case with the FMF circuitry of the Deus II, I took the it to a stretch of the Florida coast known as the Treasure Coast. It has black sand (although less than in some areas) and along with the salt water would provide a test area for the Deus II.
My wife and I headed to the beach at low tide to have a section of wet sand to use as a test area. We used test targets buried at known depths in the wet sand / black sand area of the beach. The waves were still sweeping over the area resulting in varying levels of salt water content in the test area. We had US coins with a string tied to them and a cork marker on the other end so we would not lose the location when waves swept over the area they were buried in.
The targets included a US dime at 10 inches (high conductor), a US nickel (low conductor) at 14 inches and a US quarter (high conductor) at 14 inches. We videotaped the test on the following day with the US nickel at 12 inches.
• Settings were left at factory preset in both the BEACH SENS and BEACH P modes.
• Sensitivity was at “95” which until you went into the area where the waves swept over the coil allowed the machine to run very quiet. With the waves, dropping to “92” addressed the chirping which for this area of a saltwater beach was very impressive.
Test Results:
• US Dime: The Deus II detected the coin with a consistent audio response and a TID value. It was detectable even with the coil lifted off the sand a few inches.
• US Quarter: The Deus II detected the coin with a consistent audio response and a TID value. It was detectable even with the coil lifted off the sand a few inches.
• US Nickel: The Deus II detected the coin with a consistent audio response and a TID value. It was detectable even with the coil lifted off the sand a few inches.
The following video was taken on Day #2
Summary:
The XP Deus II was very well-balanced for beach hunting which is a different style of hunting than most land is hunting with both the 9” and the 11” coils.
The XP Deus II was quiet in the wet sand area which again is a challenge for single frequency VLF detectors including the Deus I. I was not able to go into the water as the waves were pretty rough at the beach we were testing the detector at on both days and did not want to have to tell XP that I lost the Deus II to the sea gods.
Bottle caps – The type of steel bottle cap found on beer bottles registered as a good target (TID and tone) on the Deus II. Increasing the BOTTLE CAPS function to “3” made them easy to identify as you swept over it and increasing it to “5” eliminated them while still detecting the range of coins we had as test targets.
The XP Deus II was able to detect targets at impressive depths in the wet sand region of the beach which is typically ruled by PI’s or a select group of MF machines. With XP bringing an effective MF circuit to the game with the Deus II, a new player has emerged to challenge the status quo. Based on the performance I noted in the testing performed on the beach and its fully-waterproof design, my choice of what goes on a trip to the ocean has changed.
JCR
Re: Andy Sabisch Deus test
December 27, 2021 08:29PM
Dew... Thanks for the write up. I would like to ask if Andy has anything posted on the Tarsacci MDT 8000 as I don't use Facebook. I know he tested one because I purchased the unit after he returned it to the dealer.

Chris
Andy Sabisch Deus test
December 27, 2021 10:51PM
dewcon4414,

Am i reading correctly that both the 11" and 9" FMF coils achieved these buried target results at the beach for Andy? Is it appearing that the 9" FMF coil is the do-it-all coil for the Deus 2 ? What I mean is that many of the caparisons are with the 9" FMF coil vs say an 11" coil from a competitor. If the 9" is outperforming the competitors 11", is the 11" FMF even better than that? or maybe just better coverage per sweep.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 27, 2021 11:00PM
Thanks for posting this Dew! Interesting feedback indeed.

-Kerry
December 28, 2021 01:48AM
The 9 inch is too small for a beach.
December 28, 2021 03:47AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 9 inch is too small for a beach.

Agreed

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.