Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Comparing detectors

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Comparing detectors
February 27, 2022 05:45PM
What are the best relic machines out there. I
Kept my impact still love it. Is deus still huge and the multi freq mine lab how about the new legend? I still think the impact and deus are top
five but I may be out of the loop. What are your thoughts????

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Comparing detectors
February 27, 2022 06:13PM
Deus & F19
February 27, 2022 07:07PM
In my experience the Deus 1 is unbeatable in iron. Haven't got my D2 yet to see how it will do in multi. My guess is that it will be used in mono with higher single freqs rather than multi in heavy iron. The lower band of freqs in multi freq machines tend to cause a lot of falsing on iron and mineralization. Have had some luck with the Nox in heavy iron in 20-40 khz single freq.
February 27, 2022 07:37PM
Where I live not too much iron. I live in the gold country of Calif. I did own the deus for a few years and liked it. I know nasa Tom was a big fan of the impact but that may have changed over the years.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

February 27, 2022 07:58PM
Lawrenzo----Like you used to say in about every post you made back then---"get a Deus"----(still applies).
February 27, 2022 08:42PM
Multi frequency might punch a little deeper in gold country soil if iron isn't a huge factor. I've seen good reports on the D2 in California dirt.
February 27, 2022 09:05PM
Thanks for the input I kept my impact has not let me down. But I’m telling my friend the deus is a great machine for the gold country

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

JCR
February 28, 2022 08:44PM
Has anyone tried the Vista X for nugget hunting? With it's excellent mineral/ground handling, precise disc & target separation capabilities it should perform well.

Chris
February 28, 2022 10:57PM
It doesn't have a high enough frequency for nugget hunting.
JCR
March 01, 2022 01:05AM
Yes that is true by today's norms, but the earlier generation of nugget hunters did well in that same range. The Garrett Groundhog 15 kHz machines were well respected in their day by serious hunters.

Chris
March 13, 2022 01:41PM
JCR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone tried the Vista X for nugget hunting? W
> ith it's excellent mineral/ground handling, precis
> e disc & target separation capabilities it should
> perform well.

My Vista X picks up the tiniest bits of gold, I have a tiny 14k gold BB I popped off a pendant I found that I use to test, so I'm guessing it would work. I'm not a nugget hunter, so unsure what it would do in an actual nugget hunting situation.