Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The legend still has issues - Video link

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
The legend still has issues - Video link
March 25, 2022 04:03AM
I hate to post anything about the detector seems like you get blown up with all the "experts" wanting somehow make it user error....Lol

I only bring this up so if there is an issue they can get it fixed. Not to complain.

I have some user profiles setup with different settings for different programs. Sometimes when I toggle between user profiles one and user profile two it causes the id of a quarter to either lose or gain around 5 ID's either way. Sometimes it will change to a solid 55 id and sometimes it will change it to a 44 id. If you shut the detector off and turn it back on it will go back to what I consider normal ID of 50-51. This has the latest update.

I posted a video but it is unlisted so not everyone can see it. Let me know if you think this is normal? Thanks.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2022 04:04AM by wjs.
Re: The legend still has issues - Video link
March 25, 2022 12:20PM
That's definitely a software issue. No...... you are not trying to 'bash' the unit. Thanks for sharing!
wjs
March 25, 2022 12:27PM
Thanks Tom. I am sure they will take care of the issue.
JCR
March 25, 2022 01:38PM
Hopefully NM will also look at why small lead seems to hit so low.

Chris
March 26, 2022 01:20AM
Good to know info---thanks for posting it Bill.
JCR
March 29, 2022 01:18PM
I realized last evening that my Legend is not holding the Ground Balance setting in some Modes/User Profiles. If I GB all 4 modes in the User 1 profile separately, then toggle back thru them the Field mode GB is back to 0. The other 3 modes still retain their respective GB setting. If I change to a different User Profile it will act the same way but not always the same Mode going back to 0 GB. Tracking is off on all modes.
Anyone else seeing this? I will inquire of NM about this. Maybe a software issue also?

Chris
wjs
March 29, 2022 01:35PM
I will give that a try and see if mine does.
JCR
March 29, 2022 02:47PM
I am still running the V1.04 software. I will go ahead & update to the V1.05 tonight.

Chris
AEK
March 29, 2022 07:46PM
Going hopefully to a buddy of mine in next county on the weekend
with cleaner ground and less emi, will try and report back as long as the
weather holds.
JCR
April 01, 2022 02:18AM
I updated my Legend to V1.05 after hunting with it last evening. Tested it this evening. The update seems to have fixed the issues I had noticed in regards to holding the GB in each mode & User modes staying saved.. The different volumes(overall, tone & threshold) still lack much range. They seem either too soft or too loud with no real mid level when using the supplied BT headphones. The external speaker seems to have much better ramp up.
I dug another dozen low & mid conductor targets out from under nails I had missed previously. I am well pleased so far.

Chris
JCR
April 01, 2022 06:12PM
I got the bright idea to see what the Legend sounds like thru wired headphones. With them the volume levels are as they should be, including a nice Threshold hum at 3 in Field mode. The issue I noticed has something to do with the BT HP integration. I have been told NM is aware of this and it should be addressed in a future update.

Chris
AEK
April 03, 2022 08:29PM
JCR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got the bright idea to see what the Legend sound
> s like thru wired headphones. With them the volume
> levels are as they should be, including a nice Thr
> eshold hum at 3 in Field mode. The issue I noticed
> has something to do with the BT HP integration. I
> have been told NM is aware of this and it should b
> e addressed in a future update.

Good to hear JCR, kinda thought the same, I wasn’t getting
a good threshold until somewhere around 9 or 10.
My first detector with actual Bluetooth headphones, been raining here in my local so
didn’t get out this weekend.