Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Legend in high mineral soil

Posted by JCR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JCR
The Legend in high mineral soil
April 04, 2022 01:54PM
I took the Legend to a red dirt relic site I have hunted pretty hard with the Anfibio Multi, Vista X & Tarsacci MDT 8000. This ground changes some but comes in around the mid to high 800's on the Tarsacci & about the 1 o'clock position on the Vista X. There is plenty of small iron in the best spots but no modern trash. If its not a nail, you dig it, big iron & all. Overall the Legend did very well. It handled the ground smoothly & gave fairly good narrow TIDs on targets to 8". Small iron/nails are not a problem. I ran Field mode in 4 tones, M2, first Tone Break @7. Sensitivity 20-22. I'm finding a Recovery speed of 4 is plenty fast, even in thick iron. The GB was about 68. In 4 hours I was able to dig 18 non ferrous targets, mostly small low & mid conductors like camp lead, brass bits & such. Keepers included a cuff size flat button, parasol slide, half a toe tap, fired pistol round ball, some type of lever from a musical instrument or weighing scale. Targets were 4-6 " deep mostly. I have a test Nickle @ 8' that hit soft but solid with good TID. I dug some nice big iron also knowing it was big iron.
I am glad the SMF seems to do so well in these conditions. The Legend so far, after 3 good hunts is definitely a good addition for me.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2022 10:34PM by JCR.
Re: The Legend in high mineral soil
April 06, 2022 06:25AM
The Hunter GT did a video comparison with the Legend and some other machines in what he described as high mineral soil. I was surprised to see how even across the board the machines were. He did it on an 8 and 10 inch dime. All machines could give a signal on the 8 inch dime but none really gave a "dig me" type signal on the 10 inch one. Some people in the comments were saying his CTX did the best, but IMO I wouldn't have dug the signal because it was at best, a 1 way chirp like 1 out of 3 sweeps across it. If you were cherry picking in a park or yard, it most definitely wouldn't be dug. If you were just chasing signals in say a field, digging any type of signal, you might investigate it. He had a Deus 2 in the mix and although I know nothing about settings...I was surprised it didn't do better than it did. That's just one man's test though. I'm tempted to buy a machine myself but...having more fun fishing.
JCR
Re: The Legend in high mineral soil
April 18, 2022 12:37AM
I went back to the same site this morning for a couple of hours with the Legend updated to V1.07. It ran very well. Field M2, 2 tone, TB@6, Recovery @3. Very stable at 28 Sensitivity even in the minerals. I dug quite a few small, low & mid conductors. All had co-located nails in the hole. Also several mid size targets that where deeper, again with iron. I am looking forward to the Threshold getting fixed & The adjustable Iron Balance being available. I quite pleased so far with this machine.

Chris