Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MDT 8000 ?

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MDT 8000 ?
July 16, 2022 08:07PM
Has anyone had problems with the faceplate fogging up to the point you can't read the numbers. First time this happened it was in the back of my truck exposed to the Sun.

Today it happened again except I had a cover on the truck bed so it wasn't in direct sunlight.
Again faceplate fogged up to a point where only could read the center number for coin ID ,the perimeter I was totally unreadable.
Took it home now it's fine. Never been submerged in water, but now wondering if I have a leaking gasket. Thank you
JCR
Re: MDT 8000 ?
July 17, 2022 02:44AM
That does seem to be moisture. Dimitar can fix it but if you want try packing the control head in warm dry rice for 24 hours it will absorb the moisture. Then snug any screws.

Chris
July 17, 2022 01:45PM
I took a non waterproof detecting wading in Lake Michigan. It was pretty calm but a big wave came in and hit me and the detector was dead.

I laid it outside in the sun all day and turned it on and it was working perfect.

I would still send the Tarsacci in because it is waterproof.
July 22, 2022 11:27PM
Does anyone have Dimitar,s contact info.
Thanks Mike
July 22, 2022 11:29PM
Sending you a PM with contact info...

Thanks,

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2022 11:30PM by steveg.