Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Makro heads up-- Some recommendations for Legend detector.

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Makro heads up-- Some recommendations for Legend detector.
July 17, 2022 12:52AM
Recommend adding some additional audio gain settings.
This video will help show why.

[m.youtube.com]

Also recommend if possible a hot key for quick access use of 4khz single frequency ops. This feature could help users of Legend spot deeper bottlecaps since ferro check is more depth limited. Adding this quick access would be more convenient vs having to scroll down in current menu setup to select 4khz then have to scroll back to multi freq ops.
Video below shows ID tendencies of bottlecaps using M1-M3 multi freq versus using single frequency ops of 4 kHz.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2022 01:06AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Nokta Makro heads up-- Some recommendations for Legend detector.
July 17, 2022 01:36AM
I can understand those with great hearing would like more adjustment.

At 10" it is a softer hit for me. Not a whisper where I might miss it if the detector is a little noisy. So I personally like deep targets louder . So I have Audio gain at 6. When I get a hit I raise the coil to see how deep it is.

It shouldn't be to hard to make Audio gain quieter at 1 as long as 6 stays the same.

My hunting buddy has his headphones so low I can't hardly hear anything. For him it's just right.
July 17, 2022 12:48PM
I LOVE having 'modulated' audio...... BUT.........it comes at a fatal cost; the coins/targets that we want the most ((the deep ones))...... are easier to miss.....due to NOT likely hearing these lower-volume/modulated targets.
Hence; the major attribute of a depth-gauge (signal-strength meter). . . . . . if you want to know the depth of a particular target.

I would much rather HEAR a deep target at full volume........,,,,,,,,,........,,,,,,,,,..........and go through the inconvenience of having to look at a depth-gauge = RATHER THAN MISSING HEARING THAT DEEP TARGET ALL-TOGETHER!!!!
July 17, 2022 01:34PM
Exactly, plus I have some hearing loss.
July 17, 2022 02:31PM
In the first video, I would have liked you to show how far away from the target both machines are when they stopped reporting the target using the same settings you showed ... why stop at 5 1/2 inches??

I have never hunted in anything other than full volume. Why and where would someone hunt with their volume turned way down? ... help me to understand.
July 17, 2022 03:25PM
ScoTTT2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the first video, I would have liked you to show
> how far away from the target both machines are whe
> n they stopped reporting the target using the same
> settings you showed ... why stop at 5 1/2 inches??
>
> I have never hunted in anything other than full vo
> lume. Why and where would someone hunt with their
> volume turned way down? ... help me to understand.

Example. You are looking for a recently reported lost ring say in a yard. Current Lowest audio gain setting using 11" on Legend not as good a choice as current Deus 2 audio gain at lowest setting. You want to be able to recognize shallower stuff using the audio. The deeper stuff would sound more faint. Ring near surface would bang. Pull tabs and rings at 3" plus deep would be fainter.

Now no serious coin Hunter looking for the deeper stuff is going to run lowest audio gain setting even on a deus 2.

Now a person could run lower audio gain setting say if you went to a place you have hunted before and there has been a large gsthering of folks as of late. Low audio gain to sniff around looking for recent drops.
July 17, 2022 04:11PM
Thanks ... and that makes perfect sense ... in those situations I have always run the sensitivity lower
July 19, 2022 04:01PM
I second what Tom said. With the Legend I know I'm not going to miss a deep coin having the audio gain turned way down. I appreciate you posting the video TN Sharpshooter.