Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Legend video request?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Legend video request?
July 22, 2022 12:23AM
Anything yhall want to see on the Legend? I can only post here few days a week when I am work so if I dont answer that is why but I will read here from home.
Any request?
Re: Legend video request?
July 22, 2022 01:47AM
Have you compared the depth of the 2 coils yet? Also how much difference in recovery speed and separation is there between the 2? I may have missed those video's if you already did them. smiling smiley 6 inch vs 11 inch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2022 03:22AM by coinspader.
July 22, 2022 02:43PM
I will do the video in a few days
July 30, 2022 05:28PM
Calabash, hope you don't mind an off-topic question,
but could you tell me what you're using for markers in your test garden and how they're anchored? TYIA
July 30, 2022 06:21PM
pvc drains caps
July 30, 2022 06:29PM
I was out today in an iron area using the Legend and 6" coil and it was getting a lot of false hits on iron.

I did have sensitivity max, Pitch, tone break 15, Iron filter 1, Stability 5 and Field mode.

It was getting false hits on iron like the Equinox.
July 30, 2022 07:28PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was out today in an iron area using the Legend a
> nd 6" coil and it was getting a lot of false hits
> on iron.
>
> I did have sensitivity max, Pitch, tone break 15,
> Iron filter 1, Stability 5 and Field mode.
>
> It was getting false hits on iron like the Equinox
> .
I think if you run any detector too hot you will get more falsing on iron, at least thats been my experience with them.
July 30, 2022 08:07PM
Dial it back a little...I have not tested the six inch coil in a iron loaded site. I already had a feeling it would need more filter to keep the falses out..
July 30, 2022 08:21PM
Doggone CD....you got people so bent out of shape on YouTube that you live rent free in their heads. I was watching some videos today and at least 3 of them were dissing your videos.
July 30, 2022 08:26PM
I know ...Its funny when you show the detectors for what they are people get upset...it does not matter if it is the good or bad they get bent out of shape..
July 30, 2022 10:26PM
The Equinox gets false hits on iron too and reducing sensitivity does help. Reducing iron filter helps too but you loose more separation.
August 01, 2022 11:49AM
I bet those Youtuber's do not lose any sleep worrying about what the great Daniel and Ole' Cal think of them though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2022 12:57PM by Harold,ILL..
August 02, 2022 03:59AM
Cal could do a video saying there's a 98% chance of rain tomorrow and these youtubers would do a counter video saying there's a 2% chance it won't, and that Cal is just trying to sell people umbrellas. I would say they lose a fair amount of sleep worrying about him, if they are dedicating time to do videos specifically mentioning him. I haven't been in the detecting fray in a while but I see things haven't changed much with you Harold. Still living in the past and never contributing anything but snide smart alleck comments.
August 02, 2022 10:53AM
And you are still the same know it all blowhard.
August 03, 2022 01:50AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> And you are still the same know it all blowhard.
I happen to think that you are A-okay in my book Harold.
August 03, 2022 02:28AM
Ole Harold----I think you're A-okay also!----This forum wouldn't be the same without yah!-----Del---SkiWhiz Wrote:
> Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And you are still the same know it all blowhard.
> I happen to think that you are A-okay in my book H
> arold.
August 03, 2022 11:07AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. Also I'm not stuck in the past as some think, sure I love my Golden uMax and Fisher CZ3D, But I also have had a Etrac since they first came out. It might not be the latest greatest Equinox or Deus II but in old parks with aluminum trash rather have it than other two. Relic hunting is different situation I realize that but I am a old coin hunter first and foremost.
August 03, 2022 04:16PM
This place needs a "like" button but i doubt anything that modern would ever show up here especially after calabasher and tnss essentially turned this place into a ghost town.

I've been swinging the Legend for the last month or so and couldn't agree more with Harold. For all the hype and settings , in a modern trashy park full of canslaw and bottle caps it's nothing but a diggers machine. I like to take the hobby as metal "detecting" not just locating. Enjoyment comes from identification not just excavation.
August 03, 2022 10:45PM
shoveler Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------Shoveler----What detector(s) have you been using for trashy park hunting?---Just curious.-----
> This place needs a "like" button but i doubt anyth
> ing that modern would ever show up here especially
> after calabasher and tnss essentially turned this
> place into a ghost town.
>
> I've been swinging the Legend for the last month o
> r so and couldn't agree more with Harold. For all
> the hype and settings , in a modern trashy park fu
> ll of canslaw and bottle caps it's nothing but a d
> iggers machine. I like to take the hobby as metal
> "detecting" not just locating. Enjoyment comes fro
> m identification not just excavation.