Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New First Texas coil

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New First Texas coil
October 09, 2022 01:42PM
Anyone had any experience using the new 12” coil for the Teknetics T2 or Fisher F75
Thanks, Bill
Re: New First Texas coil
October 09, 2022 06:00PM
I field tested them about 2 or 3 years ago.there was many different prototypes before the final version.

I think I have 3 or so of them in the basement in various stages of development.

They are deeper than the Bi-axial on an average of 1.5 inch's on coin sizes.

The neat thing is the toe area is able to isolate a target like a 5 inch coil.The back covers an area of ground like a larger say a 10 inch coil.

One thing is how light it is, its deceiving but it's really light.

If I was cruising open fields or beaches or scouting even through the woods It is worth a consideration.and it can unmask in the front section very well if you find a spot and dont have a smaller coil on hand or to far away from the car to go get it.

It takes a bit of swinging to get used to the target response characteristics but no real confusion or anything just different at times till you get accustomed to the responses.

All in all its a nice coil and liked it way better than the 15 coil.

Its alot like the teardrop concentrics of the F44's.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 09, 2022 07:47PM
Thanks for the response Keith. I have the 5” coil. The Nel 9” sharpshooter, nel tornado and the detech 13” ultimate coils all which I hardly ever use. I strictly relic hunt and as much as I would like to use those coils the stock coil just seems to be way more productive. Being the new 12” coil is made by First Texas, I was hoping it would a big step up from the stock coil.
Thanks again, Bill
October 10, 2022 03:31AM
It also cuts through water exceptionally well. Possibly the easiest coil I've ever pushed through water.
October 11, 2022 04:00PM
Bill, Google this web site and click on the play list "TheHunterGT". I think this is what you are looking for. Also go to his detecting play list for actual hunt video.

El