Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Calabash Digger tests and uses Manticore on salt beach--- eye opening performance

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Calabash Digger tests and uses Manticore on salt beach--- eye opening performance
December 16, 2022 02:01PM
If you do detector tests in heavily mineralized soil, the ranges of practically any detector will drop...and it's clear...as Tom Dankowski says...that for best results you will need to adjust the reactivity to a higher reactivity setting to get a reliable signal ... a good signal for silver Dime... will be up to a depth of 7" max ... in very strongly mineralized terrain / optimal reactivity 6-7" equinox 800/.. or up to a depth of 10" max.. and in mineralized terrain / optimal reactivity 4 -5 equinox 800/.. when using really good and efficient detectors..

But... For slightly mineralized soil like Tom Dankowski's... you can reduce the recovery speed of the detector sufficiently /to 2-3/...and thus get better depth results...even 13-14" for silver Dime

..you still need to compare different depth tests with your field conditions and choose a test that meets your field conditions..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2022 05:28PM by EL NINO.
JCR
Re: Calabash Digger tests and uses Manticore on salt beach--- eye opening performance
December 16, 2022 03:43PM
I have found, so far, in testing the Legend on my high mineral test bed that the Recovery/Reactivity setting is critical & a very small window that will hit 6"-8" coin targets. 6 is iffy, 7 is best & 8 is iffy. Any other Recovery setting is Nada unless very shallow or large sized. Frequency selection also seems equally critical on the Legend. I will have to check my notes but M1? was the only effective choice. Still comparing Modes but Beach is a No go.

Chris