Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA Tom I have a question please..

Posted by basstrackerman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NASA Tom I have a question please..
February 01, 2023 07:56PM
Okay I'm running the manticore and I've noticed in all terrain high conductor only it has a much lower volume than all of the rest of the modes Even if I set them all up is close to exactly the same as I can. The same ground balance the horseshoe pressed for an all open screen , the same setting on speed and noise cancel, tones etc and I can run through all of the modes on the same volume and it sounds perfect as soon as I get to all-terrain high conductor the volume is really low on anything past 6". On most things shallow the volumes are very close to being equal I can still notice a little bit of a difference but it's not as prominent as the deeper targets if I use all terrain general and find a deep target that is sounding out nice and clear and I switch over to high conductor you almost can't even hear it I would have walked right over it. Now I don't like the fact that I have to raise the volume up on one mode and if I forget and I switch modes I blast my eardrums out. I've done a factory reset on the machine and I've seen a few other people online complaining about the exact same thing I'm not sure what the issue is but this can't be right. Because high conductor is supposed to have the most power and it drains the battery the most and you should be able to get the most depth but that's not the case with my machine no matter how I tried setting it up equal as I can all the way across the board on all of the other modes the other modes smoke it. What do you suggest that I try? I have a test garden with 18 different items in the ground from silver to copper to brass to old buttons etc but I've done a lot of testing out in the real world on undug targets and that kind of bothers me cuz that would be a mode that I would use quite often if I didn't have the problem of forgetting the volume before I switch modes and blasting my ears out on any of the other modes that I choose. And this is voice to text I'm actually on a hunt right now and I'm trying to get this posted as quick as possible so I don't lose time digging so if anything's misspelled you'll know why thank you for your time.

Bill
Re: NASA Tom I have a question please..
February 01, 2023 08:13PM
Just a thought, do you have the audio theme set to Rich audio for the High Conductors?
February 01, 2023 08:29PM
vipergts323 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just a thought, do you have the audio theme set to
> Rich audio for the High Conductors?

No. All audio in all modes were the same. At least the modes tested
February 01, 2023 09:10PM
Stock audio profile in All terrain high conductor is rich and is much quieter than the other modes. Go to audio theme, then push on the pencil looking thing on the right and you can change the audio profile to medium or simple. Here's a video I did on the question.
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2023 09:15PM by Abenson.
February 01, 2023 09:58PM
Here’s video I did hot off the press.
On a slightly deeper than 10” dime.
Comparing AT general and AT high conductor program.
My machine was reset. Why? Because my machine can be set up differently than what folks bought. But when I reset it is exactly what folks have bought.

I don’t see what you are seeing (hearing) Mr Basstrackerman.
Hope this helps.

[m.youtube.com]
February 01, 2023 10:11PM
TNSS very weird your machine resets in all terrain high conductor audio profile simple. Mine came from the factory in rich profile and when I do a factory reset it resets to rich.
February 01, 2023 10:16PM
Abenson Wrote:
> TNSS very weird your machine resets in all terrain
> high conductor audio profile simple. Mine came fro
> m the factory in rich profile and when I do a fact
> ory reset it resets to rich.

No. My machine does as yours. Default audio them AT high conductor is rich.
I mentioned resetting my machine due to fact I have other settings (since my machine is test unit) that purchasers don’t have. So I reset my machine to ensure it goes to settings purchasers’ machine have. I had to go and change default audio theme AT HC from rich to simple. Just like you have to and others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2023 10:17PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 01, 2023 10:17PM
I got it figured out right before I watched TN sharpshooter video for adjustments I had already did another factory reset and I was in the process of going through the adjustments when I seen his video pop up I must have hit the back button twice or something after I set my audio modulation to medium on the high conductor. That's all I can figure I wish I would have went in and checked that setting one last time before I did a factory reset because that's probably all it was. Just something stupid and simple I've got big hands with big fingers and oftentimes I hit two buttons at the same time on the darn detectors
February 01, 2023 10:19PM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> I got it figured out right before I watched TN sha
> rpshooter video for adjustments I had already did
> another factory reset and I was in the process of
> going through the adjustments when I seen his vide
> o pop up I must have hit the back button twice or
> something after I set my audio modulation to mediu
> m on the high conductor. That's all I can figure I
> wish I would have went in and checked that setting
> one last time before I did a factory reset because
> that's probably all it was. Just something stupid
> and simple I've got big hands with big fingers and
> oftentimes I hit two buttons at the same time on t
> he darn detectors

Cool beans.
Don’t worry this will happen to someone else.
Maybe they will see this thread or my or Abenson’s video and figure it out.
Sorta wish Audio theme was global setting and would set to simple at least in all programs except beach and gold modes.
February 02, 2023 02:44AM
Correct. Audio Theme = Rich...... is HEAVILY modulated! Some folks will like this...... and some will not. Hence; the adjustability !!!
I like Audio Theme = Simple. I WANT the deep targets to sound shallow. (Helps my aging ears.......AND.......if there is a distractor ....... loud audio 'may' preempt).
February 02, 2023 02:57AM
Andrew & David........ thanks for the videos. What's interesting about the mic on recording cameras .....is....... there is something called AGC. Automatic Gain Control. The camera's mic will BOOST the weaker audio.....for better/enhanced recording abilities. SOoooooooo......... Audio Theme 'Simple' & 'Rich'.......... sound almost (not quite) the same volume ..... in a video. BUT........ in person........ in reality......... there is a huge volume difference between 'Rich' and 'Simple' Audio Theme's!
February 02, 2023 10:40AM
I'm beginning to wonder if we should make the Factory Preset for All Terrain High Conductors....Audio Theme to be: 'Simple' (instead of 'Rich') for the factory preset. In "Theory"....... RICH sounds logical (on paper); yet, in reality......... folks are getting into trouble. What matters the most is.....how the unit performs in the real-World......... NOT some "Theory". NOT 'on paper'.
I love the concept/idea of 'Modulated' audio; yet, in reality.......when you are in a deep high-conductor Mode......searching for the older/deeper targets (((in this case: All Terrain: High Conductor))).........the detector will seem weak/wimpy if the deep targets are being missed...... or sound really weak. . . . . . . . and that is NOT what the Manticore is all about! Deep signals are powerful to the Manticore; yet, "Rich" audio (apparently) presents/portrays the opposite!
February 02, 2023 02:27PM
Hi Tom,

I started off using the Rich audio at first cause I liked the concept of it, but like you said it sounds weak, so I've been using Medium since I got the detector. Now I'm starting to consider going to Simple cause I get the feeling that I might accidentally pass up a good deep signal even in Medium. I think it would be a good idea to switch the default audio theme to Simple.
February 02, 2023 04:40PM
It may behoove me to: Take a "poll"
February 02, 2023 05:01PM
I had or thought I had all of my search modes in medium. That most likely wasn't the case. I was in the middle of a hunt and decided to try high conductor and thought I had switched to medium but I'm betting I didn't. In clean ground I also will use simple. It doesn't make sense to set default on HC mode with most modulation. Needs to be simple or at least medium.
February 02, 2023 05:30PM
I personally have been using medium lately. although I was using rich when I first got it. Medium just sounds better to my ears as I'm also getting older.
February 02, 2023 06:44PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I'm beginning to wonder if we should make the Fact
> ory Preset for All Terrain High Conductors....Audi
> o Theme to be: 'Simple' (instead of 'Rich') for th
> e factory preset. In "Theory"....... RICH sounds l
> ogical (on paper); yet, in reality......... folks
> are getting into trouble. What matters the most is
> .....how the unit performs in the real-World......
> ... NOT some "Theory". NOT 'on paper'.
> I love the concept/idea of 'Modulated' audio; yet,
> in reality.......when you are in a deep high-condu
> ctor Mode......searching for the older/deeper targ
> ets (((in this case: All Terrain: High Conductor))
> ).........the detector will seem weak/wimpy if the
> deep targets are being missed...... or sound reall
> y weak. . . . . . . . and that is NOT what the Man
> ticore is all about! Deep signals are powerful to
> the Manticore; yet, "Rich" audio (apparently) pres
> ents/portrays the opposite!

I'm glad I read this post. I hunted in All Terrain HC 2 or 3 times at a freshwater beach and could not figure out why relatively shallow targets were sounding so weak compared to the Nox 800. I actually had my Manticore boxed up and ready to sell yesterday and was considering going back to an 800. I never thought about checking the audio theme, now I know smiling smiley
February 02, 2023 07:08PM
DanNM....... that's a very profound statement. . . . AND....... one of my biggest fears/concerns with new Manticore owners.
So far......... my thoughts are: We should NEVER have Audio Theme: RICH .....for a Factory Preset. And............. in furtherance......... at minimum.,.,.,.,.,., have the Audio Theme on: MEDIUM....... if not ultimately: SIMPLE.

Too bad this thread is not within the embodiment of the large MANTICORE thread....... where Minelab folks read it. ---- BUT....... all is not lost!
February 03, 2023 05:18AM
I keep mine in Simple. I do tackle sites differently now than what I used to. It absolutely used to drive me crazy digging trash and junk. Now days...I don't mind digging junk at all. I actually get a little excited when I get into a spot with a lot of signals and junk because I figure most detectists have avoided it. I will absolutely hunker down and pick those spots clean. If it's non ferrous, I'm digging it and in some sites, I'll even go back when I'm bored and dig the ferrous stuff out of it. When I finish with a place, I love it when my buddies say "there's no point in going back to that place...Daniel's hunted it".
February 03, 2023 10:32AM
Daniel........ and that's when you find that proverbial 'junk signal'.......that turns out to be that highly-sought-after: U.S. $1 gold coin!