Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This video for Ozzie and other Deus 2 users

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This video for Ozzie and other Deus 2 users
February 07, 2023 02:51AM
Higher ground mineralization this may not work.
Enjoy.
[m.youtube.com]
Re: This video for Ozzie and other Deus 2 users
February 07, 2023 11:07AM
Wow, how about that! Who da thunk it? That means dive program is a super un-masker in your particular scenario. Let me clarify a couple things for my own head here.
-The only thing you changed in every program was notch, correct?
-What was the position of the dime compared the foil, in 3 dimensions?
-Did you circle the targets at any point? What did the unit tell you?
-What number was on the screen when it hit the dime & foil?
-What did the machine report in default Dive program, 2 targets?

Not asking you to do the test again to answer my questions . . . . . my guess is, knowing you, you probably tested all possibilities.

Can you imagine how many good targets/coins are masked by these pieces of foil? Makes you want to pick up every piece you see and detect under it.

Thanks for taking the time for all you do TNS, I enjoy your videos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2023 11:13AM by ozzie.
February 08, 2023 03:30AM
Here you go Ozzie.
Manticore and Deus 2.
Sweeping 10.25" deep dime with small foil as masker.

You may find this video helpful. Others too.

[m.youtube.com]
February 08, 2023 11:19AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here you go Ozzie.
> Manticore and Deus 2.
> Sweeping 10.25" deep dime with small foil as maske
> r.
>
> You may find this video helpful. Others too.
>
> [m.youtube.com]

Thanks TNS. I listened closely and that video answered the questions I had from my last post. I view this forum very early morning and can't turn up the volume so I miss some of the verbal. . . .don't want to wake the wife. And, too lazy to dig out the headphones.

I have been to a well hunted old front yard sight where I dug up a trime and a king George in the fast program. I will have to get back there and try the dive program.
February 08, 2023 04:22PM
Another great video demonstration/presentation.
This is "putting to good use"...... the available different groupings of frequencies in each Mode. And......................... in this case............................ using the LOWEST grouping of (SMF) frequencies to:
DETUNE the unit to foil...........AND.............TUNE the unit to high-conductors.
And.........as you can see.....,,,,,,,, it does not matter if it's Minelab or XP. What matters is: Frequency(ies)!!!

Another example is: The CZ platform. It had a hard time detecting chewing-gum-foil. ESPECIALLY in 'Salt' Mode. That's because: VERY low frequencies can not detect low conductors like foil (and fine gold). . . . . . . but......... can much easier detect high-conductors like silver dimes.
We've come a long way. Years ago........KNOWING the CZ/Sov/Excal were "gold-dead" (especially in a wet-salt environment). To (now) tackling the problem with better electronic intellectual-property-intelligence awareness........ and now allowing for utilization of higher freq's in a wet-salt environment.
Highly conductive wet-salt......... is a electronic engineers violent inhibiter/enemy! (Opportunity!).