Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nexus vs rest of the world

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nexus vs rest of the world
February 11, 2023 07:17PM
Popcorn time:
[www.youtube.com]
Re: Nexus vs rest of the world
February 11, 2023 09:26PM
Can someone explain to me how this is possible? From my understanding of how detectors work, I didn't think the magnetic field could "see through" metal if it was masking another target.
February 12, 2023 01:20AM
I believe all data in the video......is correct. Nothing is 'faked'.
I clearly remember (about 30-years ago)....... being able to do this with a Fisher 1266X. On the 1266X..... being able to 'hair-split' the Disc knob..... would allow you to 'just barely' Disc out nails. Then..... ANYTHING non-ferrous introduced into the target(s) (((the nail)))........... would "break squelch" of the 1266X. . . . . . and you would get a loud-and-clear audio report.
Looks like Nexus may have taken this ability....... and brought it to the next level.
Nexus might be a very good relic detector. (((It does not look like it has 00-99 ID. Just simply "ferrous VS non-ferrous")))
February 12, 2023 03:26AM
WAHT??
February 12, 2023 01:16PM
That's cool. Sounds like a software glitch. Wonder if it would be reliable enough for everyday hunting?
February 12, 2023 06:35PM
So, the question left unanswered is if the Nexus can be manually tuned to eliminate iron and still discern the non-ferrous signal why is this performance not available in just about every other detector made?
February 12, 2023 08:01PM
Take that Calabash spinning smiley sticking its tongue out