Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What kind of serial number would a Minelab Etrac still under warranty have?

Posted by Bayard 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What kind of serial number would a Minelab Etrac still under warranty have?
April 24, 2023 08:02PM
I have been using a Minelab Etrac as my primary detector for deep silver coins over the last ten years. Despite being one of the earliest owners of an Equinox, and having taken favorable notice of the Manticore, I expect that I may be relying on Etracs for many years to come.

For this reason, I would like to acquire a couple of very late production Etracs with the idea of them remaining operational for the next 20 or more years. Although the Ireland made early Etracs have a following, I expect that a 2022 vintage Etrac will last further into the future than a 2008 vintage Etrac.

That being said, what kind of serial number will the latest production Etracs have? I emailed Minelab about this and was ignored.

Based on owning many Etracs over the years, I believe the earliest Etrac serial numbers have an XQ prefix, then switched to a B prefix, then a 4042250 prefix circa 2011, then a 4042260 prefix circa 2016. I don't know if there are 4042270 or 4042280 prefixes or some other completely different serial number configuration after that.

Hopefully some of you dealers or relatively recent purchasers of new Etracs will know the answer. Thank you.
Re: What kind of serial number would a Minelab Etrac still under warranty have?
April 24, 2023 10:23PM
Interesting. I'll bet you do really good with your E-trac. It is a renown detector. . . . almost as deep as an old un-lobotomized F-75.