Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

E-Trac Xchange Software Application?

Posted by vincentvangerven 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
E-Trac Xchange Software Application?
April 24, 2023 10:18PM
Hi Guys, just bought an Etrac but the seller lost the E-Trac Xchange Software Application CD.

Anybody know if this software can be downloaded safely from an online source? Is there perhaps a website where some good park(northern California) or other programs can be transferred as well?

Thanks in advance smiling smiley
Re: E-Trac Xchange Software Application?
April 25, 2023 12:18AM
N/T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2023 12:20AM by DJW-OR.
April 25, 2023 02:18AM
I wouldn't worry about the missing Xchange CD. It's easy enough to create a discrimination pattern with the keypad.

In my experience, many new Etrac users wrongly focus on finding a magic discrimination pattern and settings. They will use the CD to load other people's discrimination patterns and settings into their machine and then wait for the magic to happen. Unfortunately, there is no magic pattern or magic settings.

The most important aspect of your discrimination pattern is a decision on how many nails you're willing to dig. As a beginner you might want to block out everything below 20 on the vertical axis to avoid nails. You won't dig nails but you might miss some deep silver. With more experience on the Etrac, you might decide to only block 25 or below, maybe 27. This setting is much more important than a complicated nickel notch or some of the other goofy discrimination patterns.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2023 02:27AM by Bayard.
April 25, 2023 04:32PM
Thanks for the input, i do appreciate it.

Just picked it up yesterday, and admit i have not read the manual yet.

Do have an explorer 2 which i used to know quite well but am a bit rusty, haven't used it in a while.

Totally understand about there not being a one for all program, but looking for a baseline setting to get me familiar with the unit.

It's odd to me that it appears i have to get a bit creative to get that Xchange program.

It's not on the minelab site, and i'm not sure if i can download it here without opening my detector or computer up to a virus;

[e-trac-xchange.software.informer.com]

If anybody more familiar with computers can let me know then that would be great smiling smiley
April 26, 2023 03:16AM
vincentvangerven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
It's odd to me that it appears i have to get a bi
> t creative to get that Xchange program.

I'm sure that you can find the CD on eBay if you really have your heart set on it. I couldn't tell you how many of those CDs I have dumped on eBay over the years.
April 26, 2023 09:39PM
Someone confirmed the link above is valid, so I downloaded it, and it's working smiling smiley