Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why?

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Why?
May 11, 2023 12:36PM
I have tried for 4 years to find a true mono "oz" coil for my White's TDI. Had one guy sell me the 7 1/2" White's coils for an OZ coil but it turned out to be the White's TDI dual field coil according to one of the engineers that worked at White's. Some of the areas where I hunt have harsher ground than the red dirt in northern Virginia. This is man made issues because of the coal slack (that easily attracts to a magnet) discarded over many decades in these areas. The TDI has found many targets that the best VLF machines could only ID as iron.
Re: Why?
May 11, 2023 07:28PM
You ever tried the coiltek mono's?

The GPX version should work on the TDI.

[prospectingworld.com]

Detech has a few also

[www.detechusa.com]

[detechdetect.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2023 07:34PM by Keith Southern.
May 11, 2023 08:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You ever tried the coiltek mono's?
>
> The GPX version should work on the TDI.
>
> [prospectingworld.com]
> -8-x-6advantage-mono-coil
>
> Detech has a few also
>
> [www.detechusa.com]
> sign-coil/
>
> [detechdetect.com]
> etech-8%E2%80%B3-monoloop-closed-design-coil-for-m
> inelab-gpx-gp-sd-and-white-s-tdi-tdi-pro-tdi-sl-se
> ries-metal-detectors-with-coil-cover-protector-inc
> luded
>
>
> Keith
I knew you might be the person to reply.
I do have the Coiltek 10x5 coil for my Equinox and can say it's great.
I have the stock 12" dual field and it is great but the areas where I hunt have BB and pea size pieces of smelted coal that easily attracts to a magnet and it causes all kind of issues with my VLF. The SL with the stock coil does well but still the small waste causes issues even to this machine. Figured a true mono coil would be easier to use in these extremely harsh dirt conditions.
May 12, 2023 10:21AM
Got 2x12" Oz mono coils.
One for my TDI Pro, purchased in Australia.
A new never used one with coil cover for my SPP, also purchased in Australia.
I mainly use both the Whites PI with DD coils, or sometimes with a Detech
45 cm-18"Concentric Search Coil, have tried this coil on the wet sand ocean beach, but it's way to deep for my need.(it's not for sale)
Anyway I got a spare 12" Oz coil if interested, keep in mind air freight shipping cost. ?
ivanll
TNQ Australia
May 12, 2023 08:01PM
Hey Mark makes sense!!

That or get a Tarsacci!

All joking aside a Tarsacci would probably open your eyes in that smelt once you dialed it in.its the closest thing to a discriminating P.I. type performance we have.It's a true bridge machine.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla