Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA Tom

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NASA Tom
May 31, 2023 02:06AM
I read that you tested the legend. You bench tested it
you air tested it. But found I think on a silver dime it
could not hit it at ten inches. Was that tested with all
of the coils? And because you I think have sand did that
hamper the testing? I think you wrote it was on the
multi moods, on the lower single frequency it hit the dime?

You said you spoke to the company, did they address
this with a fix? Thanks

Also you spoke T

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: NASA Tom
May 31, 2023 01:25PM
That was in SMF modes.
May 31, 2023 03:06PM
That is a reply?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

May 31, 2023 03:56PM
I'm not Tom but If I remember right, he said the dime was obtainable in the single frequency modes but not in multi freq modes. Whether that has been addressed or not, I have no idea. I know on mine, I barely get a signal on an 8 inch dime in multi or single freq modes in mildly mineralized ground. The Manticore gets it rather well BUT in heavy mineral, neither one of them do worth a hoot for me.
May 31, 2023 04:32PM
That's right Daniel Tn.
May 31, 2023 06:20PM
Wonder if the new coils made a change?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

May 31, 2023 06:39PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder if the new coils made a change?

LG30 isn't as deep as LG28 (stock) coil.
JCR
May 31, 2023 08:23PM
I haven't been able to reproduce NASA Tom's concerns about the Legend's SMF depth capabilities in my slightly mineralized test garden. With original stock LG28 coil all three SMF selections will give a dig me hit on my 10" Dime, and all singles except 40 kHz will too. It will also touch my 12" Quarter about 60% of passes. In my high mineral test bed 6-8" coin size targets start to get iffy, but larger(1.5") targets are good to 8" or more depending on size with good enough TID. In minerals M1 Field with Recovery of 6-7 works best with a good Ground Balance.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2023 09:24PM by JCR.
May 31, 2023 08:38PM
Lawrenzo,

Here is my response on another post (to Kingfish) regarding the Legend:

I guess I'm overdue to 'come clean' about the Legend. --------It is a detector. It does detect metal. It is built like a tank........very rugged.......and very ergonomic. And it ID's targets very well. Good bang-for-the-buck.
But. Here's the issue. It passes the bench-test with flying colors. . . . . and graduated to the test-garden. This is where the problem resides. In Single Freq Mode (lower freqs). . . . . it will ascertain a 14" deep dime.....and with reasonable ID accuracy; yet,,,,,,,,,, when you switch over to any of the (M1, M2, M3) multi-freq Modes........ it will barely detect a 10" deep dime; yet, with 100% iron ID. Several software updates have been released; yet, the problem still exists. Other multi-freq units (Deus-2, CZ, Manticore, EQX, DFX.......etc.......) do not express this issue. Yes...... Dilek, Barak (first-hand)....... and several Nokta engineers are aware of this issue. Last year (in Melrose, Florida)...... we went "video live-stream" with the full demonstration of this incursion. IF they get this issue resolved........ the Legend will be THE best-bang-for-the-buck. In other words: the Legend will give all of the other multi-freq units a very serious run-for-the-money.
NO........ I'm not being paid 'hush-money' to NOT talk about the Legend!!!

The issue is being analyzed/looked at again.
May 31, 2023 09:20PM
Seems like the company is not going to address
this problem for the hardcore hunters. It’s only I guess
A small number that see this as a problem. Too bad because
as you said would make it the legend a legend!!!

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]