Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA Tom or legend users

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NASA Tom or legend users
June 18, 2023 06:01PM
The newest 1.11 update on the legend versus 1.09. Has anyone noticed a difference in depth? They added some new features
But they don’t interest me. Except M3 but not a game changer.
I see on this forum that maybe the legend is not huge used detector on this forum and I may be wrong because I just got a hold of one.
Is multi frequency all that it’s cracked up to be. I see the advantages but is the price to pay some depth loss? I kept my impact it’s done a good job
But I like the iron filter. I have found a few finds being masked by iron. I like recovery speed. I took two years off from detecting to work on a book
and don’t have many new places to hunt so it’s back
to the old ones to see what I may have missed

Happy Father’s Day.
Lawrenzo.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: NASA Tom or legend users
June 18, 2023 08:06PM
My experience with the Legend so far has been pretty good, I am of the opinion that it can see coins on edge better than most detectors I have used, I have been finding coins in places that have been absolutely hammered by a load of different detectors and the coins I found with the Legend were not very deep at all, they should have been seen by the other detectors but they weren't, the Legend is also a great unmasker, I hunt in a really old park in PA and it is loaded with bent nails but the Legend does well. As far as depth goes with the 1.11 update compared to the earlier software I can't really say, I have not noticed a difference. I consider the Legend to be one of my top notch detectors and a lot of bang for the bucks. smiling smiley
June 19, 2023 02:45PM
Thanks for your honest opinion.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 19, 2023 08:20PM
I think multi freq is what it is cracked up to be and beneficial. Nokta/Makro made a very nice entry into the SMF detector world. The Legend is no slouch but in my testing, it didn't quite fit the bill for me. That doesn't mean it's not good. I did have a difficult time selling mine though...practically had to give it away, and it had the new carbon shaft upgrade, LG30 coil, etc.
June 20, 2023 08:35PM
It's hard to sell detectors now because of the new inexpensive high preforming machines hitting the market now, they have really hurt the used detector market I believe, I think they have hurt the new high end detector sales because they have many of the same features as the expensive machines have. I have seen really good deals on used detectors on the forums that have just sat there. Plus today's economy isn't helping.