Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Could you control Dues 2 with your phone?

Posted by adamBomb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Could you control Dues 2 with your phone?
June 28, 2023 05:29PM
I'm looking at the remote control for the D2 and I'm thinking why couldn't this just be a phone app? Any reason it couldn't?

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
Re: Could you control Dues 2 with your phone?
June 29, 2023 08:26AM
It's an obvious thought, and I'm sure all the big manufacturers will have thought about it.

Smartphones have a good colour touch screen, plus things like GPS and amazingly powerful processing and are pretty much ubiquitous.

I think the key difficulty is that smartphones use different chipsets and have different internal architectures - even though there are only two or three 'operating systems' for them. To achieve the required rock-solid low-latency, high bandwidth, emi-resistant, linkages between coil, headphones and controller, the manufacturers need to have 'ownership' of the hardware and software interfaces between these devices - they get this by building their own.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2023 08:28AM by UKD2User.
Re: Could you control Dues 2 with your phone?
June 29, 2023 11:30AM
UKD2User....... correct!