Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Modulation

Posted by mascard1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Modulation
July 15, 2023 12:08AM
How come it’s easier for me to tell deep targets on the 3030 and Etrac….but not so much on 800 ?
Re: Modulation
July 15, 2023 04:55PM
I believe the Manticore has the Etrac type modulation too and it adjustable also not so on the Nox.
I thought on a updatable detector like the Nox they could update it with a modulation adjustment?
July 15, 2023 10:28PM
I wish!!!
July 16, 2023 04:57AM
mascard1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How come it’s easier for me to tell deep targets o
> n the 3030 and Etrac….but not so much on 800 ?

I guess it depends what mode you work in? If you work with the Horseshoe mode on, then you are able to tell fringe targets. In Discrimination mode, not so much.
July 16, 2023 02:44PM
I may be partly to blame for this.
Over the years, I have come to realize......... even the best 'modulated audio' detectors will still allow the operator into 'err'. . . . . more specifically: on the deepest of detectable coins. Probably one of the best modulated audio platforms is the CZ. Let's use it for an example.
Thought-process: With EQX proto...........whilst routinely detecting deep coins behind the CZ. , . , . , . , . , I would 'head-to-head' compare signals. After enough aggregate 'proof-pudding'........ I could clearly see 'WHY' many of the deep coins/targets were MISSED or IGNORED. Whilst I still LOVE modulated audio........ on the CZ: many of the deep targets sometimes sounded like mild/weak falsing......... or a deep nail that was falsing........ or too weak of a signal for any intelligible ID............ or, or, or.
Soooooooo............. If we want the EQX to be accused/perceived as one of the deepest units on the planet.......... one of the first considerations would be to rid the bulk of the modulated audio. After a couple of years of EQX being on the market.......... this Mission was accomplished (by the voluminous --social media-- reports).
Fast-Forward to today: Modulated audio is now incorporated on Manticore........ as an option. We can see this DOES get some folks into trouble; yet, the seasoned/astute detectorist may realize this.....and place the modulated audio profile on SIMPLE...........and might never even use RICH (or even MEDIUM) again.
----- Fast, fast Forward: IF we feel that TOO many folks feel like their old EQX is deeper than Manticore....................... we may 'reconsider' this: modulated audio availability. . . . . . and adapt/improvise/adjust accordingly.