Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Beach trip this fall

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Beach trip this fall
July 21, 2023 12:06PM
Hoping to make a beach trip this fall with the Tarsacci. Been studying Tom's DVD on beach hunting and will deploy his procedures from the start. Last trip to the beach was 5 years ago, I took the Equinox 800 and the TDI SL found mostly change and a few other items. Hope to take both the Equinox and Tarsacci this time and maybe some side by side comparisons too.
JCR
Re: Beach trip this fall
July 21, 2023 01:40PM
Let us know how you do.

Chris
July 21, 2023 07:38PM
Mark........ Which Beach?
Which coil do you have for the Tarsacci?
July 22, 2023 01:49AM
North of Wilmington NC.
I have both the stock and the 12" coil.
July 22, 2023 03:39PM
Understood.
The 12" coil will really make that Tarsacci 'come-alive' in a beach environment.
July 23, 2023 12:09PM
So the 12" should be the best coil for the beach over the stock coil?
July 23, 2023 02:58PM
In MOST cases........yes.
If you are IN the water...... the smaller coil may suit you better.
July 24, 2023 10:19PM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> North of Wilmington NC.
> I have both the stock and the 12" coil.

Like surf city/topsail? We've got nothing here, I found it all grinning smiley

Hopefully the no see ums won't be out...they ate me alive this morning. I hunted for like 20 mins and had to call it a day.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2023 10:21PM by adamBomb.
July 24, 2023 11:32PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Understood.
> The 12" coil will really make that Tarsacci 'come-
> alive' in a beach environment.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll switch to the 12" coil and extend the lower rod as far as I can too.
July 24, 2023 11:34PM
adamBomb Wrote:
> markg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > North of Wilmington NC.
> > I have both the stock and the 12" coil.
>
>
> Like surf city/topsail? We've got nothing here, I
> found it all grinning smiley
>
> Hopefully the no see ums won't be out...they ate m
> e alive this morning. I hunted for like 20 mins an
> d had to call it a day.

I was hoping the no see ums would not be around if there is some ocean breezes around. I guess I might should bring some repellent too.
August 02, 2023 11:48AM
adamBomb Wrote:
> markg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > North of Wilmington NC.
> > I have both the stock and the 12" coil.
>
>
> Like surf city/topsail? We've got nothing here, I
> found it all grinning smiley
>
> Hopefully the no see ums won't be out...they ate m
> e alive this morning. I hunted for like 20 mins an
> d had to call it a day.

I see why you said, We've got nothing here, I found it all grinning smiley"
Well actually they have dredged sand from the ocean and built up the beaches, yet again. Anything lost prior to the sand deposits are many feet deep.
Bummer for this beach trip. I can't find anywhere that the beach has not been built up. Not even the Tarsacci can see something that deep.
August 03, 2023 10:07AM
Note: Years ago memory serves me, a beach in Jersey was replenished and the guys were finding "Pieces of Eight". Whatever vessels sank offshore and lost their cargo, smaller items may be pumped onto your beach. Same with gold jewelry. . . . how many gold chains are in the sand that detectors can't pick up?
Sinkers by the tons.
August 03, 2023 04:12PM
My mother had a jewelry store for nearly 20 years. During the 90s and early 2000s, the 2mm and 3mm rope chains and charms were extremely popular in 10k. Her store alone sold hundreds of them in those years. And that was just a little jewelry store in southeast TN. I imagine they were just as popular elsewhere. There ought to be fistfulls of them lost as popular as they were.
August 07, 2023 12:28AM
Trip was a flop. They had dredged sand to build up the entire beach. Looked like several feet above what I would think was normal. Hunted anyway but it was so quiet. Waited until low tide to hunt the wet slope but even there the targets were no where to be found. Finally hunted the towel line and found a few items but not much. Got to send the detector back to the guy that loaned it to me this week.
August 08, 2023 12:30AM
Ouch! Was hoping to hear a good/successful report!
Yes........ I encounter beach replenishment projects.,.,.,., and it sure shuts down: success.
August 08, 2023 02:57PM
My buddy has been in the Miami area all week. He brought his 800 to do some beach hunting. He was told and verified online that there's a law about detectors on the beach there. He said you can only detect from the dry sand dune areas to the high tide line. Anything that is in the water or where the water normally covers is supposed to be off limits and illegal and anything over 50 years old, belongs to the state. I'm not sure if that's Florida all together or just where he is at. It was new to me though. Glad I normally vacation in Alabama on those beaches.
August 08, 2023 07:54PM
Ouch AGAIN!!! I have never heard of this; yet, ...... I know there are State "CLAIMS" that are IN the water.,.,.,.,.,.,., but.................. the wet-slope is fine.
I would like to know the ordinance number of this rule/law.
I bet Laraine Reilly (Reilly's Treasured Gold) would know.
JCR
August 09, 2023 01:57AM
More over reach.

Chris
August 09, 2023 06:33AM
He was going by what somebody stopped to tell him. Then he looked it up while at the beach. This is the link he found:

[www.visitflorida.com]

"Stay Out of the Water
In general, stay out the water, whether it's salt or fresh water. On the beach, all lands below the mean high-water line are state sovereignty submerged lands. That even means wet sands.

Remember that objects more than 50 years old are state property and are illegal to retrieve by private operators. Forget the waters adjacent to national parks; they’re off limits, period."

I have no idea other than what we've searched online about it.