Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nexus MPV3 iron separation test

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nexus MPV3 iron separation test
August 03, 2023 12:34PM
Ok hands down. Impossible is possible. IB device with discrimination:
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2023 12:35PM by Shelton.
Re: Nexus MPV3 iron separation test
August 03, 2023 02:58PM
WOW. :^O
August 03, 2023 04:21PM
How does it work with a silver dime instead of a silver dollar? Also bury it 3 inches down?
August 04, 2023 07:43AM
Even better for bigger silver coins... but only with Silver Scout concentric coil 24khz working frequency. For lower frequencies coils separation is good but not perfect for heavy iron fested areas.
August 04, 2023 12:26PM
I have one. It works very well in that scenario.
August 06, 2023 10:20AM
Separate the coin from the iron (not touching) and tell us the results.
August 06, 2023 01:17PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Separate the coin from the iron (not touching) and
> tell us the results.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
JCR
August 06, 2023 03:19PM
I enjoy his videos. Very straight forward.

Chris
August 07, 2023 10:15AM
Thank You Capphd!
August 08, 2023 12:34AM
I can/could adjust the High Resolution Iron Discrimination on plenty of detectors ....... that would allow for this exact performance; YET, there was always the standard drawback of: too many nail-falses anyway!
August 08, 2023 01:43PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I can/could adjust the High Resolution Iron Discri
> mination on plenty of detectors ....... that would
> allow for this exact performance; YET, there was a
> lways the standard drawback of: too many nail-fals
> es anyway!

Interesting could you post some videos and examples of other detectors?
August 08, 2023 07:48PM
HELP! Does anyone have: any one of the older analog detectors (like a Fisher 1266X, 1236-X2, 1270X, MXT, XP GMP....... or the like)....... that has fine-tune Iron Disc.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., that could capture this on video? I no longer have any of these older (analog) detectors. ((( I might; ............yet, I need to dig it/them out! ))). Also........ I have never (in the nearly 2-Decades of this forum) entered/uploaded a video ...on this forum.
I think Keith Southern has already done this....... captured on video........and they are already on this forum; yet, ......they may be several years back. , . , . , . , . on this forum.
August 09, 2023 02:09PM
[www.youtube.com]

I suppose this is the exact same performance you are talking about, huh?

[www.youtube.com]

So how to say, Tom, I don't think that is possible on other platforms but you are the BOSS here, not me:

[www.youtube.com]
August 10, 2023 01:32AM
I think the White's MXT could do the same in iron. The F75 can't do it.

Is the Nexus a true analog machine?
JCR
August 10, 2023 02:05AM
Keith showed the Tarsacci hitting a Quarter under a strip of nail gun 12p nails. Sweeps across the nails.
I played a little at this after work today. A Quarter covered with 3 large, thick rusty cut nails 1 " above. About 8-10% of the coin not covered hits well with the Tarsacci, Legend & MXT on across the nail sweeps with good TID. They will not see the coin if swept longitudinally along the nails or with one perpendicular. Add a 4th nail to completely shade the coin and it is all Iron tone. A random pile of nails in various orientations, even with gaps is all Iron tone.
Interesting.

I have edited this to correct the sweep directions.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2023 05:54PM by JCR.
August 10, 2023 09:08AM
No one can do it. Partly by PI but only for high conductors and not with full iron coverage and without discrimination, so... you can't compare it.

I checked it on Whites TDI. It depends on kind of the conductor and iron size and shape as we know it. That is not the same. Maybe 30% of Nexus performance but still without discrimination so that is useless for me.

So I'm sure that is not possible to repeat it on other devices with that performance.

New digital devices try to use software to separate targets, but not at that level.
August 10, 2023 01:22PM
Shelton Wrote:
> No one can do it. Partly by PI but only for high c
> onductors and not with full iron coverage and with
> out discrimination, so... you can't compare it.
>
> I checked it on Whites TDI. It depends on kind of
> the conductor and iron size and shape as we know i
> t. That is not the same. Maybe 30% of Nexus perfor
> mance but still without discrimination so that is
> useless for me.
>
> So I'm sure that is not possible to repeat it on o
> ther devices with that performance.
>
> New digital devices try to use software to separat
> e targets, but not at that level.
My Whites TDI can detect a gold ring covered with nails.
[www.youtube.com]
August 10, 2023 01:24PM
But not totally covered and that is PI without discrimination and not fast recovery speed which is a huge difference. Please check the videos above.
August 10, 2023 05:09PM
You'll notice the guy doing the test in first post started with bent iron and large nails and quarter.As he added more nails he went down in nail size.Didnt stay the same size or go up in size.

Not discrediting the test it's very good.And acts like a analong machine and especially one with a Concentric search coil and a high Freq . Tejon comes to mind!! Higher freq's and Concentric in nails/iron are very very sleuthy.

Id love a Concentric for the Vista X.

I prefer the concentric on the Rutus alter 71 and 15Khz or above for this very reason in iron.

Thanks for showing the video sort of cements the merits of a modern higher freq unit with concentrics in iron.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 10, 2023 05:38PM
Yes, I remember the Tejon, very enjoyable machine to run. Set it up to just pop on nails and hunt away. Thanks for the post Keith.
JCR
August 10, 2023 05:57PM
Keith, Deeptech introduced an 8" Concentric for the Vista X last year. It is a very good match. It really cuts down on the iron falsing.

Are you still keeping an eye on the Rutus Versa?

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2023 05:58PM by JCR.
August 10, 2023 09:22PM
Ahh ok I wasnt aware the X had a Concentric option.!!!

I may need to check in with Deeptech and see about getting one.Thanks

Yes the Rutus still has me intrigued for sure.Not sure I'd want to be a first adopter since its a new release and over seas.Ill give it a few months first.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 11, 2023 10:03AM
Shelton............ I am FRUSTRATED that I have not had the time to properly look into your detector. I have not watched your (latest post) 3 videos yet; but, WILL do so....... when I have good/dedicated time!
Several RANDOM thoughts:

1. With you saying that I am the BOSS of this forum................ has NOTHING to do with my determination and concern about/over your detector.
2. I am HONORED when a manufacturer comes on this forum......and introduces their product(s). BUT, (at the same time) = I am also skeptical....when a manufacturer brags about their product(s)! ((For obvious reasons!!)).
3. I will do everything in my power to prove/disprove (theory-to-proof) a concept/product....... especially if it has large potential ....in our hobby. This is also to say: I will do everything I can ....to protect the members of this forum.,.,., if a product appears to be: too-good-to-be-true.
4. Shelton....... YOU have brought me from 20% interest........ to 60% interest in your detector. ((( This is not a bad thing!!! ))).
5. I do not care if a product is analog or digital. What I care about is: Real World Performance. Real World APPLICATION. ((( Your product certainly raises an eyebrow ))).
6. 3-Months wait-time: HURTS! ((( I am 61 years old ))).
7. My maximum/peak/pinnacle interest resides in: 3D (3-Dimentional) real-World detection. Example: When some ferrous nails are (say) 7cm ABOVE a small silver coin. . . . . . will the unit truly unmask the small silver coin 7cm beneath some nails. [[[In this example: some nails on top of a 2" x 4" (two-by-four) piece of lumber/wood......... with a small silver coin underneath the 2x4. , . , . , . , . , . , . presenting a real-World REALISTIC scenario]]].
8. BUT........ this 3D scenario .... is asking for a huge transformational technological rate-of-progression.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., knowing that baby-steps need to be taken....... and nails touching/directly-on-top of a silver coin......... is a good (minor) start.
9. Folks like Keith Southern...... Daniel(TN)......TNSS...... my self.......and many others.,.,.,.,.,.,., are ALWAYS looking for your type of technology & technological advancements.............. because.......... we KNOW: this is a HUGE barrier (and subsequently; a huge technological advancement)..........when your detector can see through a pile of ferrous nails........and detect a non-ferrous target in co-locate with the nails.
10. Then there is the question: Is there any ID remaining....(and how accurate is the ID)....... when looking through ferrous debris at a non-ferrous target. (Will a detectorist be digging numerous aluminum soda tabs.......in carpets of nails......... in a trashy public park. If this is the case........ the detector THEN becomes a 'niche' detector......... with restrictions/limitations being: incarcerated to = Relic Hunting ONLY).
11. Does mineralization skew the detectors primary purpose/application?
12. I would be MOST impressed if the unit can find non-ferrous targets behind a Minelab Manticore and/or XP Deus-2.,.,.,.,.,., ESPECIALLY the way I have these units configured. (( I push the envelope: HARD )). And THIS is where I have the bulk of my "doubt"! (In total honesty).

Out of time!......but I WILL watch your 3 (newest post) videos..... when I have PROPER time!
August 13, 2023 01:20AM
FINALLY......... I have watched all 3 videos. (I like the last video the best)!

ALL of my concerns (in the above post) are still valid. The only other additional concerns that I have (after watching the videos) is:

* Once you (just barely) set Disc just above iron/nails ((so as to get rid of them))........... how does the unit respond to nails with a SLOWER COIL SWEEP-SPEED? How does the unit respond to differing higher elevations/altitudes above nails? (Raise the coil height).

Higher freq units DO unmask better in iron.,.,.,.,.,., obviously: due to the higher operating freq.
August 16, 2023 07:22AM
Here we have a full test with the rest of modern digital devices to compare the difference between them.

[youtu.be]
August 16, 2023 03:16PM
Shelton........ BEST video (thus far)! THANK YOU for putting so much time/labor/effort into this video!!!

My biggest concern is: What is the Nexus detectors audio response on ONLY a nail......when the coil is swept
1. VERY slow
2. Slow
3. Medium slow
4. Medium speed
5. Medium/fast speed
........... and especially when the coils toe and heal (((tip of the coil........and rear of the coil)))....pass over the nail.

Chuck/Capphd......... Are you digging a lot of nails? How is the learning-curve going on your Nexus? Sometimes the learning-curve: TAKES TIME!!!
August 18, 2023 10:33PM
Shelton, Probably the best thing to do is send one of these detectors to NASA Tom to test and report. I am certain he will be fair and unbiased. He always is. I also know he will find the detectors niches. Tom, make sure I am not putting words in your mouth, but I am guessing that if you like the detector, you may be willing to pay for it. I know many of us would love to hear your opinion on this detector. It is starting to get many peoples interests, and your opinion will seal the deal with many people. There are some people who will not buy a detector unless you review it.
August 20, 2023 01:04AM
No..........you are fine. You are not putting words into my mouth.
BUT:
Before I would be interested in testing one.......... a few prerequisites must be met.
1. Genuinely knowing how the unit performs....... (with nails being JUST BARELY Disc'd out.....with the existing faster coil sweep-speed that is already being used/demonstrated/video-recorded).......... how the detector responds to nails with a SLOWER coil sweep-speed. , . , . , . , . , . , . , and......with these slower sweep-speeds; how the detector responds with just the tip (or heel) of the coil passing close the the nail(s).
2. How does the unit perform (again: with nails being JUST BARELY Disc'd out).......... whilst sweeping the coil at differing heights/angles above the nail(s).......ie: say: 2", 7", 10" coil height(s).
3. How the unit genuinely performs in nail-riddled site(s).........in real dirt.

THIS would determine if the effort would be 'value-added' to the company (and engineering-platform/detector).
Capphd real-World data feedback is certainly mega-beneficial.

I am genuinely now at 65% interest......with this particular unit.
August 21, 2023 08:30AM
DD coil separation test by Warren:

[www.youtube.com]
August 21, 2023 11:54AM
I've run numerous separation tests over the years and one thing is most apparent....at least to me....air testing separation capabilities borders on a waste of time...for the most part.
Most recently, I successfully separated good targets from bad using the Deus II in Beach Sensitive during an air test i.e.targets were exposed on the ground with approximately 1 inch separation.  When I buried those same targets at the same distance, one from the other, at a depth of 6 inches, NO separation.
I pretty much ignore air tests.  Why?  That's NOT the way we hunt.  We detect targets that are buried in sand or soil don't we?  I always abide by the Army approach from my day...."Train as you fight."
Can you get something out of air testing?  Maybe, sometimes, but don't take those results to the bank...if you do you'll be sorely disappointed when you apply those same parameters/results to buried targets.
Just the experience from my old foxhole....you may have a different opinion.