Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nexus MPV3 iron separation test

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Nexus MPV3 iron separation test
August 21, 2023 07:55PM
Dan....... I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! But...... I must say....... Shelton's latest video (above) certainly has merit. If the V3 did NOT pass that elevated 3-dimensional test....... there is a substantially less likeliness that it would ALSO fail in dirt.

I am still wondering if the TIP of the coil (or the heel of the coil) will 'false' on nails. . . . . . . . . especially at slower coil sweep-speeds.

Dan...... in your stated example(s)......... ,,,,,,,,, with positive IN-THE-DIRT real-World confirmation.......I know the Manticore is (algorithmically) unmasking better IN the dirt.,.,.,.,.,., than in an air-test. Yes, I am (somewhat) contradicting my statement above; yet, I am expressly referring to the digital world.
August 22, 2023 12:13PM
Tom, I just put much more faith in tests that are conducted under the very same conditions that we hunt. "Train as you fight"....I've seen far too many spurious results from tests conducted under artificial conditions.

Again, just the personal view from my foxhole...
August 22, 2023 03:39PM
You have all test with all iron masking here on Warren channel:

Tom you was ask about speed test here you have:

[www.youtube.com]

Iron separation:

[www.youtube.com]

Iron separation:

[www.youtube.com]
August 22, 2023 08:44PM
Shelton......... I just watched all 3 of your newest videos. I must NOT be communicating my words correctly!

I am NOT asking how "fast" the recovery speed is....between targets ..... with the Nexus.
I am asking how slow the coil can be swept over a (barely Discriminated) nail................ especially with the nail NOT centered under the coil..........BUT/RATHER........ the TIP of the coil passing over the nail.....at a SLOW sweep-speed!

Guys...... HELP! I need help communicating CLEARLY........ so the translation works well for Shelton!
August 22, 2023 09:14PM
I understand clearly. The speed over the iron is not factor. But if you need that kind of proof - test I will made it. Please watch also Warren video about coins under bottle caps. I’m curious about your opinion about that.
August 22, 2023 09:52PM
Bottle caps are an interesting thing. They are 'sheet steel'...... and can VERY easily false to "coin" ID/readings. I am not a strong proponent to using bottlecaps for any test(s).......... unless it is to see/verify that a unit can indeed ID them as ferromagnetic/iron.
August 23, 2023 12:13AM
I just found one of my old/analog Fisher Gold Bug-2 metal detectors in my inventory. I performed all of the tests that I have (watched videos) on the Nexus. The Gold Bug-2 passed all tests with flying colors......to include: a nail ELEVATED above the dime. BUT....... it does look like the Nexus presents a bit better audio resolution ......(at least.....from what I can see/tell.....in a video). This particular Gold Bug has a "Iron Disc" switch....... that is a very steep (and coarse) Iron Discrimination. It does not have a fine-tune iron-Disc option. Also........ the coil size on this Gold Bug........ is quite different from all of the videos provided on/with the testing of the Nexus V3. YET........ still reasonably valid data acquisition.
August 23, 2023 08:36AM
That is interesting. Do you have a video?

Please put the 10"DD on the Gold Bug2 it could be a very interesting test with a 71khz device!

Of course, it will work, but Nexus is using an 11.5" coil and 24kHz of frequency. GoldBug2 coil size is 6.5 inches for that test. Next dimension is 10" elliptical, isn't it?
August 24, 2023 03:39PM
Shelton........ that was with the 10" coil on the Gold Bug.

I don't do videos (nor have a YouTube account).
August 24, 2023 03:41PM
Ok, that is interesting. I will make various speed tests soon as possible.
August 24, 2023 03:42PM
Ok. Thanks!!!
August 25, 2023 09:37AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shelton........ that was with the 10" coil on the
> Gold Bug.
>
> I don't do videos (nor have a YouTube account).

Tom, you just proved that the old analog devices are better than the new digital ones in terms of separation! It's the same from my video, you just confirmed it. I thank you for that!
August 25, 2023 06:44PM
It's crazy to think the Gold Bug-2 is a 30-year old platform..........analog (without any form of High Resolution Iron Discrimination control) .......... and still handles iron with reasonable/formidable preciseness. A lot of this has to do with the high Operating Frequency.
September 10, 2023 05:14PM
The late Vic Fiveash used to demonstrate his RedHeat range of detectors in a similar way.
September 13, 2023 11:05AM
Gold Bug2 at 71khz.... on a 6" coil during my testing, it managed to successfully pass the test in the style of the amplified Monte Nailboard test, where a gold ring was placed on position number 1 and additionally covered with several nails.../Fisher IMPULSE AQ test/
And you managed it better than the Tek G2/19.3Khz/ on the same size Nel Snake coil... which is really a separate excellent detector for such situations...

Yes, high frequencies can significantly improve certain situations of 2D, 2.5D as well as 3D... separation targets between iron... especially if the detector already has technically good separation predispositions for these individual detection 2D, 2.5D or 3D separation situations.. .
September 13, 2023 11:55AM
Well stated EL NINO.

Although I am genuinely trying to see if the Nexus has a niche.