Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom
September 15, 2023 07:31PM
Tom have you heard of beast mode coming on the legend? Don’t know if this is a hoax or the company took your advise on what could make then legend a better detector.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Tom
September 17, 2023 12:17AM
No. Ever since finding the fundamental error in Legend........ I have not been in-the-loop.
September 17, 2023 01:20PM
What is the fundamental error in the Legend Tom?
September 17, 2023 04:22PM
I know Tom posted what he found that kept the legend from being a legend. I think Tom spoke to the company about it but nothing was done. Maybe for the price the legend is selling for it would raise the price and that was not part of their marketing. Could it be achieved with a software update? Tom has stated what he feels are the best on the market today. Maybe what Tom feels makes a detector a top contender really only applies to the top relic hunters? But I trust Tom. I know he really liked the impulse.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

September 18, 2023 02:26AM
Morgan...... I have posted the fundamental error multiple times....... but.......in a nutshell:
Single Frequency 4KHz is much deeper than SMF Multi-Frequency on Legend.
I think some other folks have also started seeing/witnessing/experiencing this.
September 18, 2023 03:51AM
So you are saying in layman terms that the single frequency of 4 is deeper than the frequencies being used on the setting of M1 in field mode? The frequency’s being used in M1 are three and are being used for finding silver, copper and brass! Would you be losing some depth using M1 but have a better chance at finding silver, copper and brass. Do you feel Tom, that using the single frequency of 4 will hit on brass and copper?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 18, 2023 12:21PM
Here's an example:

In a perfect-World sterilized test-garden....... the Legend will detect (and with reasonable ID) a 14.0" deep dime whilst in 4-KHz single-frequency. When I switch to M1, M2 or M3........ Legend will not detect the 14" deep dime ..... at all. But.... it WILL detect a 10" deep dime in M1, M2 or M3; yet, it'll ID the dime as 'iron'..... with occasional ID's of 'foil'.
A dime buried at 9.5" will ID perfectly in any/all Modes.

REAL WORLD = Nearly IDENTICAL performance....... as what is ascertained in a sterile test-garden.

Yes, , , this holds true for brass, copper & silver.
September 18, 2023 03:00PM
Well that is not bad depth but one can only wonder how many targets are even 9 inches? Also I would think all metal mode may help in m1 but of course I would be digging a lot of iron. But you are saying that the minelab nox 900 can go as deep as 14” on a dime with out an iron ID and also their new machine. It would be interesting to hear from your forum what their results are in non sterile ground. On both the legend, deus and minelabs. Your forum has the best relic hunters

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 18, 2023 03:38PM
What about audio gain will that just amplify the deep target as iron? And the iron filter can that help with giving a deep target a better ID? You have to wonder if this new update that will go deeper will still see a dime as iron

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 20, 2023 11:32AM
Lawrenzo........ yes, mineralization will 'shut-down' proper/correct ID on SMF detectors.,.,.,.,.,., especially at depth. Some SMF's will be worse/better than others; yet, still within similar ball-park.
In my nearly mineral-free Florida dirt........ the EQX-900 will indeed acquire (just barely) a 14" deep dime.....with reasonable ID...........IF, IF, IF EMI is mitigated. EMI is (by far) my worst inhibitor for BOTH depth & ID.
Yes.........audio gain will merely amplify (increased volume) the existing signal.
October 04, 2023 02:31PM
So I did test the Legend in multi and single frequency in my 3-4 bar mineralized Georgia red clay. I have a 10" clad dime that has been buried 7 years. In m1 and m2 I get a ID on it in the 20-26 id range. In single frequency I get a ID of 40-46. The depth meter was pegged. So on those deep items I plan on switching to single frequency to check the ID.
JCR
October 04, 2023 06:03PM
88junior, Which single frequencies did you try. What were the relative Audio response strengths? That is about the same type of dirt I test & hunt in.

Chris
October 04, 2023 10:53PM
I ran it at 4 khz I didn't try the others but I see what Tom is experiencing. Is it going to make me stop using the Legend nope not at all. I feel that it is possibly one of the best detectors in bad dirt that I've ever used.
October 04, 2023 10:56PM
Morgan....... why not just simply hunt with the unit in 4-KHz !!!
October 05, 2023 01:43AM
Tom I'm going to give it a try in 4 khz in older sites that have deeper coins. But in modern sites I like the multi frequency option for shallow coins especially nickels. 4 khz isn't that great for nickels and gold jewelry. 4 khz punches deep in bad dirt. The 1266x was deep in my dirt and it ran at 4.8khz I think.
October 05, 2023 03:10PM
I was wondering at 4kHz is it more likely to false on deep iron or nails?
October 05, 2023 04:29PM
Harold yeah the lower frequencies does tend to false more on nails. I think the 5khz on the CZ's is what made the deep rusted nails sound like a good target on them.
October 05, 2023 08:17PM
Morgan........food-for-thought =

4-KHz has a fair amount of chewing-gum-foil SEE-THRU...... for deeper coins!
October 06, 2023 01:35PM
Tom I didn't know that. So I can run the Legend pretty well wide open on disc on 4khz besides iron disc. Good food for thought for sure!
JCR
October 07, 2023 03:14AM
Park mode 4 kHz is the best for me in modern trash, thou it doesn't hit Nickels very hard. Park M3 is good in modern trash also. Not as good as 4 kHz on foil & Al, but hits Nickels harder.

Chris
October 07, 2023 02:18PM
If you are in M1, M2 or M3....... you will find coins.
If you are in 4-KHz ... you will find the following coins that M1, M2 & M3 missed:

1. Deeper coins......and with better ID
2. Coins that are (up to) medium masked by foil
October 07, 2023 02:28PM
Great information Tom and Chris that's why I always have liked this forum. There's always helpful information on here!