Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I may have cracked the code (for extreme unmasking) on the Xp Deus 2

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I may have cracked the code (for extreme unmasking) on the Xp Deus 2
October 16, 2023 03:38AM
My cracking the code of this model detector is in part due to Mr Dankowsi. With his comments he made early on about the Manticore and its ability to ID iron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2023 01:31PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: I may have cracked the code on the Xp Deus 2
October 16, 2023 03:47AM
Please go on...
October 16, 2023 03:48AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My cracking the code of this model detector is in
> part due to Mr Dankowsi. With his comments he mad
> e early on about the Manticore and its ability to
> ID iron

Please go on...
October 16, 2023 06:46AM
October 16, 2023 07:10AM
Another Sample

[www.youtube.com]
October 16, 2023 07:22AM
Another Sample
[www.youtube.com]
October 16, 2023 07:28AM
Another Sample
[www.youtube.com]
October 16, 2023 07:35AM
Another Sample
[www.youtube.com]
October 16, 2023 07:44AM
Another Sample
[www.youtube.com]
October 16, 2023 07:49AM
Another Sample
[www.youtube.com]
October 16, 2023 08:09AM
I have done more videos showing this.

The unsuspecting part is for unmasking ID numbers 01,02 and 03 depending on how detector is setup are the keys....HMMM

Who would have thought that. HMMM
Especially based on where typical solo unmasked nonferrous reports ID wise and where nails report ID wise HMMM

OLe NASA Tom yeah He's been educating me- alot HMMM

Cheers
October 16, 2023 09:08AM
And wonder how Deus 2 does on Monti nail board test using both 9 and 11 and even the bigger 11x13' coil?
HMM

Folks might be surprised
October 16, 2023 11:58AM
Xp Owners Comments on my setting up the Deus 2

[www.youtube.com]
October 16, 2023 03:25PM
Notching definitely helps the Deus 2. Interesting that notching is working better than disc.
October 17, 2023 03:18AM
David......... let me (us) know how this works out in the real-World. Yes....... you'll probably dig some nails that ID in the 1, 2 or 3 ID range. BUT....... I bet there will be some clues to these specific nails............VS.............a non-ferrous target that is in co-locate (masked) by nail(s)....that ALSO ID in the 1, 2 or 3 ID range.
October 17, 2023 10:30AM
David, would you write a post here with the bird dog settings (cracked code)? Include every setting please. Still learning the D2. I don't get out as mush as I use to, to be able to know it as you do, need help . . . thanks.
October 17, 2023 08:03PM
Isn't this what "Iffy Signals" has already done?
October 17, 2023 08:47PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't this what "Iffy Signals" has already done?

Don't think so/

I have not seen anyone show what I have. Not heard anyone mention this either.
And noone has commented in my videos relaying they have seen this already demonstrated.
October 17, 2023 08:51PM
Deeper buried big gold ring 4 big nails Ring close to 7 inches deep
[www.youtube.com]
October 17, 2023 08:57PM
October 17, 2023 08:59PM
October 17, 2023 10:22PM
October 18, 2023 02:41PM
Here you go ozzie Recommend you start notch at 02

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2023 05:25PM by tnsharpshooter.
October 18, 2023 04:05PM
October 18, 2023 06:34PM
Could a mere 2-3 inch dime surrounded by nails outfox your detector? Hmm

[www.youtube.com]
October 18, 2023 10:56PM
October 19, 2023 04:44AM
Can't wait to see all the finds
October 19, 2023 10:35AM
Folks wanting to try the Sharpshooter Bird dog program….some details.

It’s not necessarily a program per se. Just some changes for Disc, Silencer and Notch. Can be used in any program expect gold field and Relic programs. Even be used on salt water beaches.

I did do a video about this and sent to Xp detectors owner. Evidently he either already knew about or tested what I showed in the video I sent him. Either way he says this is a good idea.

Folks running Xp Deus 2 all versions running programs that have disc setup (all programs Except Relic and Gold field) that have 40 max freq capabilities. Meaning some programs on versions .6 and .071 won’t be good at.

Use of 40 kHz max freq recommended. Some Bird Dog performance can be had using 24 kHz max freq band.

What does the Bird Dog setup allow for?
Users of Deus 2 can get audio/meter info combined on more masked targets from an all angles of approach versus using Deus 2 conventionally using 6.8 disc or even slightly less disc. More angles of approach means higher chance of detecting masked targets. The Bird Dog setup CAN allow for detection of nonferrous targets masked whereby the same located targets will yield little to no info using more traditional 6.8 disc or thereabouts.

Before I continue. Little bit about myself. I am retired USAF veteran with 22 years service with primary background in avionics.
I started detecting in Dec 2010. And boy oh boy I have really put the coils to the soil since. I have tested metal detectors and or firmware version updates for 3 different major detector manufacturers. This was done at the manufacturers request not mine.

I eventually started doing videos via YouTube and posting. Showing metal detectors, their ops, testing and some of the real digs. I when testing show quite a few videos showing detectors being operated on top of styrofoam and wooden blocks. And in doing so face pd a lot of ridicule from some - they were saying these tests useless/baseless. Of course I disagree. As many times I see same or similar behavior when in the wild using the actual detectors. It was using this talked about styrofoam where I discovered the what I later named the Bird Dog setup.

So how did .I discover? Actually I was looking at Minelab Manticore and looking hard at its behavior and thinking about XP Deus 2.
Seems Xp Deus 2 reports iron in a more narrow span ID wise. So I was looking at it. I placed a nail down swept. Adjusted silencer, Watched ID of nail. Then adjusted disc. Watching all of this. I kept thinking after sweeping nail, I place a nickel and watch ID. Then a silver dime and watch ID. Seems Deus 2 when doing this using 40 kHz max program always seems to ID as 1. So seeing this one might think. Ok. All I need to do is go to expert notch and remove the 1 segment and machine would give high tone maybe versus iron tone- using 6.8 disc. Well, this wouldn’t do what I was trying to achieve. So when I eventually lowered disc to 0.0 = presto with use of notch allowing 1 ID segment yet having to notch 2-7 to eliminate iron tonally.

So in a nutshell. Seems Deus 2 the ID number 1 is very important when it comes to max unmasking capabilities. ID segments 2-3 also can play a role too.
Users of Deus 2 running disc 6.8 will eventually sweep their coil and they will get over a target yielding s 01 in meter with a very short/fine tone that is almost smothered totally in iron tone. Some of these situations experienced by users - the detector is actually detecting a nonferrous find that is highly masked.

A few questions here to help folks out.
Can a user of Xp Deus 2 run disc at 6.8 and achieve equal performance to .sharpshooter Bird dog setup? Nope.

Can a user lower silencer to 0 using 6.8 disc and match or exceed Bird Dog Performance? Nope

Can a user run disc lower than 6.8 disc ( not 0) and run silencer to 0 and match or exceed the Bird Dog program? Nope.

So disc seems needs to be st very very near 0.0, never greater than .5 to get the performance detector platform is capable of.

Could lower than 0.0 disc give any advantage vs a 0.0 disc? I have not seen. Disclaimer I have not used or tested the Bird dog setup in higher mineralized ground. Me saying this I am not presuming this is where lower than 0.0 disc would come into play. IDK

So the name of the game is to get recognizable audio and or ID pattern to giver operator some thing to go on to place odds of both locating s nonferrous masked target (all levels of masking) as well as making a final decision to try to dig and recover.

So running a program with disc and having a 40 kHz max freq one can make Deus 2 be all it can be.
Are all programs on Deus 2 version 2.00 equals in this dept of unmasking? Nope. Or even programs on version 1.10? Nope.

The silencer scales are different on some programs. I.e. Sensitive full tones versions 1.10 and 2.00. Sensitive FT not the same with versions .6 and .071.

So one lowers disc to 0.0, silencer setting does drive the unmasking capabilities. Meaning 1 is better than 2, 2 is better than three when using one program and adjusting silencer.

General program based on my tests falls a bit short. Vs Sens Ft version 2.00. I should say though General program can run stabler in the winter months when ground is wetter.

Can Deus 2 mono program be used to achieve all the Bird Dog setup can do using FMF programs using 40 kHz max freq - assuming same or similar settings applied to mono programs as FMF program? Nope

So with 0.0 disc silencer 1 with notch of 2-7 at least. Using multi tone and pitch tones and full tones.

Reactivity setting not overly critical. I recommend select your speed as you always do for conventional setup with Deus 2 and let the Bird Dog portion do its thing should one decide to use.

So what can the Bird Dog setup do?
I know this may sound like I am exaggerating…. But imo based on my tests and my experiences and knowledge with vlf metal detectors, Bird Dog use using XP Deus 2 can locate nonferrous masked targets. unlike any vlf detector be it single freq or multi freq to date. Folks thought Deus 2 was good at unmasking. Bird dog setup elevates Deus 2 status even more. Even using small coils on other models will come up short.

So what will user be seeing and hearing using Bird Dog setup? First of all most iron (nails) reads 3-4-5. Silencer setting can drive this. Users should opt to run no higher than 2 silencer any program they decide to use. A level 2 silencer seems to give some performance on lower conductive items,, lower to level 1 silencer both higher and lower conductor performs happens. Disc must be at or very near 0.0.

The number 1 ID segment must be opened at least. Users may decide to open up both number 1 and #2 ID segments.

So basically one will sweep (assuming only #1 ID is open) via notch and #2-7 is notched for ferrous. When the detector sounds off with #1 in meter user can turn on such target and with higher levels ID numbers accepted if nonferrous is present user should expect to hear via tone /ID presented. Folks can get medium sized nail and dime place in middle and beside nail. Sweep detector down the barrel of nail and listen nothing detector behavior. Remove coin and sweep down barrel of nail. Should be silent to little audio given.
This allows for users of deus 2 to approach targets and have better chance to get detection no matter approach angle to target. Versus using conventional setup (6.8 disc). So user may indeed approach target where traditional audio/ID is acquired or they may approach target and acquire a 1 ID generally stronger reporting signal vs just ferrous sounding target giving 1 for ID. As user sees the 1 in meter they will rotate on suspect target and if they don’t hear anything they can dismiss as ferrous. If they hear higher tone they can suspect nonferrous target- Expect ID acquired here to be in error be it a higher of lower conductive target. I am bringing this up because user can select dig using bird dog setup. Example. Notch 2-78 good way to look for mask higher conductors like coins.

Some audio behavior/nuance is witnessed when nonferrous target is present when approaching ferrous/target from more difficult direction for detection generally.

So how good is this bird dog setup using Deus 2. Like I already said…killer. Why? Users of Deus 2 using bird dog setup. Users may get highly highly masked nonferrous under their coil whereby all directions of sweeps yields low ID on sweeps I.e. #1. This scenario is exactly how a coin could behave being surrounding by nails. Yeah I know sounds like fiction huh, better think again!!
There is some 3-d unmasking here too,, but this is 3 D whereas say nail and coin are more inline in the vertical with each other not stretched out in the horizontal plane. Also to note, some nail(s) situations under nonferrous objects,, Bird Dog setup can indeed come through with the under target masking and put a user on a find.

Few thing here.
When one lowers disc to 0. And notches say 2-7 for ferrous materials. The number 1 open segment will report in the first nonferrous bin, so using the expert screen one can adjust tone pitch and or tone volume for when objects report #1 in meter. Users electing to use full tones. User can alter full tones offset by dialing up… this will change tone pitch of target situations reporting 1 in meter. Users here can also via using expert screen adjust first nonferrous bin volume of tone should they decide.

I recommend folks to watch my videos. There is good info in them on this subject.

I will entertain any questions ask here and try to answer. If I can’t I won’t. This what the Deus 2 is capable of doing is not fool proof. Neither is use of conventional settings btw.

In closing here. The person who typed this post, started this thread could indeed possess and use the Deus 2 remote that has had the most buttons mashed in the world. And the person doing (myself) may have pushed the most buttons on a deus 2 remote in the world.
And for gee whiz. My remote is still a kicking. Xp makes good stuff I think.

I may have made a grand discovery here. I do think use of this Bird Dog setup will in time allow some users to make some finds in some places they thought were hunted out. Some of these finds could be real shallow too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2023 11:06AM by tnsharpshooter.
October 19, 2023 11:29AM
Good deal David!! I can't remember what the last update I installed as I sit here, will check. Thanks for your work untangling the D2 . .only a handful of detectorists will take the time to do that. Hopefully I'll get the time to try out the Bird Dog program . . .I have many old historic trash areas to test it on. This program is one that you have to concentrate on while swinging slow and listening intently. Thank again!!
October 19, 2023 12:35PM
Great work Sharpshooter! and greetings from the UK ….this tweak seems to elevate D2 performance on masked targets to a whole new level again. Really interesting.
Have got my machine setup now with your settings and can’t wait to try them out in the field. ( I use a tweaked General prog usually)
Keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing this all with us…much appreciated!!!

Regards
Rich.