Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites MXT E series question

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites MXT E series question
November 13, 2023 03:56AM
I was watching an old Whites instruction video on youtube and the guys said to run the ground tracking in relic mode, I always thought you should lock the ground balance when you are in a relic hunting situation because of all the dense iron that is usually in the ground, I thought the the detector would have a hard time giving you a proper ground reading because of the iron, Am I wrong? Maybe somebody could weigh in on this, Do you have to lock the ground balance on an MXT in a relic hunting scenario?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2023 06:05AM by coinspader.
JCR
Re: Whites MXT E series question
November 13, 2023 03:40PM
The Ground Tracking on the MXT series works very well & is especially easy to monitor in Relic's Mixed mode. But, like any GB tracking system it will get confused in dense iron trash & you will lose stability. Relic mode is what I use most all the time with my MXT. In heavy iron I will get a good GB on a clean spot & Lock it in. I then periodically check GB on clean ground & re adjust if needed. The AM audio makes this easy to evaluate. Overall the MXT is a great relic machine even by modern standards.

Chris
November 13, 2023 04:12PM
Yeah I thought that was the case, the old Whites video I watched was a little unclear about any methods to use if in dense iron, the just touted how fast the tracking was.
JCR
November 13, 2023 05:38PM
The MXT Users Manual is very informative & useful. The book, "MXT Edge" is very good reading for in depth application of MXT specific & general detector knowledge.

Chris