Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett atx ground tracking ?

Posted by Dayner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett atx ground tracking ?
January 31, 2024 08:42PM
Hello everyone,
Does anyone use the Garrett ATX on the beaches?
and do you use ground balance tracking? I do black sand beaches and I find that it works better with tracking. Does anyone have the same feeling?
thank you all.
Re: Garrett atx ground tracking ?
February 03, 2024 02:18PM
Freq… then ground balance and go..:super easy to use and Deep
Hello mascard1
February 03, 2024 06:54PM
Hello everyone,

yes that's what I'm doing at the moment, but I wanted to know if anyone is using automatic tracking.
I don't think it's of much use?
I have beaches that vary in concentration of black sand, and I was wondering if it would be useful to track the ground instead of doing a manual ground.

Thank you anyway.
February 04, 2024 01:10AM
When I had my ATX, I would do a GB and then start hunting. Never did I use the tracking. I was always concerned about possibly nulling out a deep, faint, small target after multiple passes over it...in order to determine if it were indeed a target. Once in a while I would re-ground balance to keep things at their optimum performing level. It only takes a few seconds.
Ground manuel
February 04, 2024 09:52AM
hello okara gold,
thank you for your report, I see nothing on the tracking, no one uses it! I noticed that at several sensitivity levels the manual ground will stall more or less high, so you have to pump it depending on the sensitivity used.
This can be interesting if we pump at 7 direction, and then increase the direction at 12 the soil is not completely eliminated.
to see if there is any added value?
February 04, 2024 11:42AM
Dayner,,, it will be interesting to know how you do with ATX after doing GB.. also how you have the discrimination set...

At ATX .. after GB on mineralization, the work of the detector changes... depending on the discrimination setting... At Discrimination 1-2.5, this Pi detector is more sensitive to very small targets... but the range to targets 0.5 grams and more is smaller....like if you set the discrimination to 3 or 3.5...and more..
It's like ATX after GB .. on discrimination 0-to 2.5 worked in the mode of fine gold...

If you set the detector to discrimination 3-3.5/optimum/, you will get a greater range in such a terrain for coin targets including small coins and gold targets from 0.5 gram, 1 gram and more... but of course the range is sufficient for extra small micro targets...

Note... with ATX without GB, such differences in the work of the detector are not visible..
February 04, 2024 12:55PM
very interesting your report!! el nino,
after GB I am generally at 3 for discrimination, just like you I also noticed that 3 was at the peak of this performance on black sand, to find the targets generally sought at the beach...

the ATX takes very small thus, with less falsing on the ground, I also noticed that it was better on the rings from 2 gr in depth (the signal is clearer and wider).

I tested micro filiform jewelry, and I actually had better results in discri 0 to 2.5, but in real conditions I prefer 3 which remains very sensitive to micro targets.

so you can confirm what I felt with the ATX, it hits the microphone very hard from 0 to 2.5 disc, and from 3 we are a bit in general research of what a VLF detector can do on the size targets, while still remaining more sensitive than a vlf...

I cannot use it without go on my beaches, so I have no experience with sans go, I take note of everything you have written!!!!

my learning curve is reduced thanks to you....

Thank you for sharing !!!!
el nino.