Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Scoop handle

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Scoop handle
August 20, 2011 04:04PM
I noticed some of the RTG scoops had a handle on them to make it easier to shake the sand thru. Got me thinking and i found an attachable one at Kellyco.... so i started doing some looking around. You can count on wally world..... found the BACK SAVER that attaches to yard tools. It appears to be nylon at a reasonable price $10. Attached easily and i tried it out seems to work pretty well and adds very little weight. [www.walmart.com] My wife thinks im obsessively nuts right now lol. Ive also got an old military camel back that im modifying to attach my Xcal box as a chest mount. Couple of brass hooks and rings and it should snap in place. Any problems with a chest mount compared to say a hip mount?

Dew
Re: Scoop handle
August 21, 2011 01:56AM
Just make sure that you put a wire stop on the coil wire. You don't want to pull against the housing. Some claim that a swinging coil wire wears quicker. I would like to see some data on that.
Re: Scoop handle
August 21, 2011 07:46PM
Dont know about a swinging coil wire..... but i do have a little experience with the twisting and moving of the inline probe. Had to have mine fixed/replaced because the wire cracked at the probe. They get a lot of movement and sure nuff breaks. Thanks for the PM by the way. I see what you are talking about the wire stop. I had plans of using one just didnt know it was called that.

Dew