Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has this already been discussed?

Posted by BuckeyeBrad 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has this already been discussed?
September 02, 2011 10:45PM
[www.kellycodetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2011 10:46PM by BuckeyeBrad.
Re: Has this already been discussed?
September 02, 2011 11:06PM
Its my first look at it and i guess i am a average detectorist
but i dont have four grand to drop right now.
Maybe after you try one first Brad .
September 02, 2011 11:18PM
6 to 8 hour battery life, 5.5 pounds and 2 year warrenty .
This thing better be able to read the date of a dime at 15 inches.
September 02, 2011 11:30PM
Not in my budget either although it is cheaper than the GPX 4800/5000 I've been lusting over. smiling smiley Been lotsa requests around a detector having all those features over the recent years. Should be interesting to see how many were THAT serious about it.
I played with one back in June
September 03, 2011 12:08AM
Sucker is way heavy!!!the 3-deminsional screen worked pretty well..did not seem extremely deep....way to much money......

Its a step in the right direction though...

Keith
September 03, 2011 12:29AM
Does it look heavy!!

IF I were rich, I'd try it, it does look very interesting. Give it five years, and the technology will be cheap enough that it'll be affordable (E-trac/V3i prices) and lighter.....could easily be an interesting way for detecting to go.

As much as we love our American MD companies, I think the Europeans are poised to come up with the "next big thing" in detecting, but will it be affordable to the "average" detectorists?

PS - Did you hear the sound that thing made when it detected that deep coin at the beach? It sounded like a video game smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2011 12:31AM by Cal_cobra.
September 03, 2011 01:51AM
Sounds like a Star Wars Battle.
I wonder if courses can be taken with that machine...Yikes !
Pretty neat though.
I'd like to see how it seperates, didn't see anything on it.
I think there is a lot there for the price.
September 03, 2011 02:55AM
Has this already been discussed? ...

For some reason I want to say yes but I can't seem to find the post. I know I have saw the video and remember Tom remarking about the operator not burying the coin in the water.

If he used items we would reconize and speak in inches instead of cm's, it would be quick to see there is nothing very great about the machine. Aluminum cans for larger plates of aluminum, fruit jar lids... I think my 3D would match his detector with these things. If you want to get an ideal of his depth, 2.5cm (25mm) = 1 inch. 10cm (100mm) = 4 inches. ...give or take a sixteenth or so. You should be able to figure out the rest from that.

Hate the starwars sound!
September 03, 2011 12:55PM
Yes..... this was discussed in a previous thread.