Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OK,OK the F75 is deeper

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
OK,OK the F75 is deeper
September 18, 2008 05:20AM
I've spent a lot of time with the Garrett GTI 2500 lately.So far I haven't dug any coins over 5" with it.It seems impervious to most EMI and you don't dig much trash.I have been finding about 1 silver coin a day for the last week plus wheaties and I'm on a ring digging streak.I took both detectors to "The Mother of All Test Gardens" this afternoon.On the 10" quarter the F75 hit it good,locked on,it was repeatable at 90 degrees.You would definitely retrieve this target.10" dime once again,the F75 gave a good tone,repeatable,you'd dig this target also.The GTI 2500 wouldn't hit either with zero discrimination,running it hot for my soil.It was iffy on 6" dimes,quarters and wouldn't hit a 6" nickel.Colocated targets,forget it with the GTI 2500.I have some coins planted with beavertails,rusty bottlecaps and square tabs within 3".If I go slow I can pick them out with the F75.Not with the 2500.I don't dare try the big 12.5 coil on the 2500.It would need training wheels on it just to move it.This winter I may get an Etrac.If you are ever in Montana,I have a guided tour on "The Mother of All Test Gardens",it even has a jar of buried coins as cache hunting practice.Bill
Re: OK,OK the F75 is deeper
September 18, 2008 12:34PM
Apologies for 'pushing' you into a test-garden.... for a 'reality check' on head-to-head comparison testing; however, the reality of it is...... your "volume" of finds and the "quality" of finds should (now) increase. Even if you place the F-75 on very low settings..... it should do quite a bit better than the GTI-2500. The F-75 may have EMI problems in some areas...... but it should still come out as the 'trump' ticket....... both in the department of overall 'depth'...and adjacent target separation.

Lessons learned: High price & mega bells-n-whistles does not necessarily constitute "better performance".

Tom
Perhaps..
September 18, 2008 02:38PM
Try the GTI2500 in the all metal that ID's, awful noisy as it picks up all but
did dig a 13 inch Barber dime in this mode with a perfect ID..Generally Garretts are 7-8 inch units but in the all metal that ID's certainly one of the deepest around. Granted does have a lot of superfulous bells and whistles is bulky and heavy but seems to work better in certain parts of the country and the favorite of many.
Re: OK,OK the F75 is deeper
September 19, 2008 02:26AM
charlie should also consider changing the color,as it resembles the end result of a "bad evening out!"

(h.h!)
j.t.