Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New coils for F75

Posted by trond 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New coils for F75
July 13, 2007 09:42AM
Tom....
- - - Just wondered - -any news on small coils for the
F 75 ? A slim line DD - like the Whites Shooter or an elliptical concentr.
like the small "sniper" coil for the Gold Bug II would do great in all
the trash we encounter here in Norway.

Happy hunting
trond
Re: New coils for F75
July 13, 2007 10:59PM
According to Mike Scott at First Texas, the number of F-75 sales are 'quite low' so the numbers are not 'there' yet to produce different size coils and/or a professional F-75 DVD. Once enough F-75's are sold...and on the market,,,.... this would quantify producing additional accessories (higher demand).

My numbers are quite different..... as there are many 'interested' buyers waiting for a nice package of accessories to be available before they would purchase.

No 'firm' answer to your question.

Tom
July 14, 2007 01:51AM
That seems a little bit like the old way fo thinking for fisher not enough sales no new coils. Good thing the standard coil works almost the way a smaller coil would work. I guess they lied about having new coils this year. And how many detectors do they have to sell to go over the top?
July 14, 2007 05:22AM
Hi

There is also quite a few people wanting a bigger coil. The stock isnt that much bigger then a 5x10 normal DD and the footprint is probably about the same.

I think the first new coil if it comes next year or so is a tad bigger as people want depth and depth sells.

my 2 cents
July 15, 2007 12:42PM
I'm fairly certain there is no 'specific' number (F-75 sales) before a production & sales decision is made for engineering resources to be allocated to producing smaller and/or larger coils. I TOO feel a greater necessity for a larger coil.... especially here in boggy, soggy, swamp -- tropical Florida. As I continue to document detecting data...... I'm learning that --- less than 1% of 1920 (and older) coins are at depths that are within detectable range of current detector technology. Said differently; If I want to find coins of the 1900's and 1890's..... less than 1% of Florida dirt is supportive/stable enough to keep the coins at shallow enough depths so as to be detectable with current technology. Us Florida detectorists will go out of our way with great painstaking efforts to FIND these (1%) types of places (stable dirt). The 'old coins hobby' in Florida is rendered virtually useless due to unobtainable depths with current technology. Once again: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW IT EVEN EXISTS. Therefore; A 10.5" concentric coil for the F-75... (I believe) should be 'pinnacle' for reaching another inch or two of depth in less trashy areas. The number "10.5" is a interesting number and size..... as it is 'pinnacle' for maximum depth capabilities due to "Max Q" bell-curve physics. A coil that is larger (too large)....starts to lose depth,,,,,,,,,, and a coil that is smaller in diameter has not reached peak depth abilities.
I have detected Chicago ... and found the 1920 coin-depth strata to be at approx 8". The 1890 strata (( Rough answer - as not as much data was collected )) appears to be at 12" in Chicago area.
Georgia more closely reflects these Chicago numbers.
Other States ALSO reflect these depth numbers.
Moral = DEPTH IS CRITICAL.

Tom
July 15, 2007 09:37PM
Tom, I am originally from Chicago and stay in touch with a couple of clubs up there. I can't help but be a little jealous of the number of old coins thay find and not occasionally, but on a monthly basis. The Forest Preserve Parks have been host to many, many large picnics over the last 100 years or so. I'm headed up that way in mid August for a few days and hopefully I'll get a chance to check it out!
Wally
July 16, 2007 02:06AM
Yep, I think you'll have a blast. I was pulling Barbers, V's & Indians only 10" & 11" deep. Once in a while... a few were found at the 7" - 8" range (very few). Living in Florida.... I'm NOT use to that! In Florida, at 10" depths.... is about where Zinc pennies stop..... and the start of 'old' clad commences. ...... My only deep concern (pun not intended),, was; Where were the 1850's coins..... as the areas were 1851, 1853 & 1841 sites. I presume around the 16" to 17" depth strata. LOVE is deep!

Tom
July 18, 2007 06:05AM
Hi there
Thank you for your interesting comments and opinions on the issue of new coils,
either big ,or small for our new friend on the block.

Personally I prefer a "go between coil" to a "big foot",-as the amount of
thrash infested sites here are ;...enormous.
To penetrate the "thrash mat"(so to speak)-we just have to use small coils,
a slower sweep speed and a more "laid back"type of foot work.

Good Hunting...
trond
July 25, 2007 02:35AM
From what I have read a new small coil is almost ready it has a part number. I have also read that the F75 i hard to keep in the stores they sell as soon as they come in. So low sales seems like a false statement but time will tell!
July 25, 2007 11:08PM
Pressure added,,, let's see what resultant ensues. (Should be good). Half-truth's abound.... Many dealers do indeed have plenty of F-75's in stock. Sales numbers 'interpretive'..... and are corporate 'sensitive'. VERY sensitive. In public's eye; T-2 & F-75 additional coils are overdue.

Tom
August 10, 2007 08:31PM
Any update.

Early on Bill Ladd said there was coming a small coil sooon. Then Mike Scott says not yet.

They some said a part number allready was issued for the coil and it was coming sooooon. ( the post was deleted,, what for if its good and true news)

Then some dealer said sure, its coming.

What is the best educated guess we can do here. Seems to be as sensitive as You say Tom.
August 11, 2007 07:37PM
I have been quite busy at work.... and have no idea on release dates for small/big coils for T-2 & F-75. A part number assigned to a item/project..... is just that; 'just a number'. In my profession, we have plenty of items that are assigned part numbers..... some of which do indeed materialize,,,, and some that do not. I know First Texas has good intent..... just no idea on release dates. Wish I could help more!

Tom
August 30, 2007 05:48PM
Just had another read at this tread and was thinking.

If it is like FT isnt too happy with the sales on the F 75 they need to do a regrouping I think.

Looking at another forum atleast half the posts at the first page is adressing quality issues. Reading the same posts it looks like FT doesnt make all users with a problem satisfied either it be turnover time or repeated problems.

Also the warranty is only good to the original purchaser.

Some wait to buy a F 75 until more coils are available.

This could be the bad circle leading to less sale and less profitable (for FT ) accessories.

Why is it that some manufacturers seem to allways have too many accessories and some dont seem to understand the slightest need for them.

Regrouping is needed at FT, fast.
September 01, 2007 12:36AM
When a good detector concept is released...... and there are new platforms on the drawing board,,,, there's usually not enough time to put enough efforts into everything on the plate. Time/manpower conflict with multiple tasks. Yes, many are awaiting a larger coil (and a smaller coil)... along with other equipment.

I'm not armed with enough knowledge as to "who's" (or what) the problem is regarding 'bugs' repair & warranty issues. End-user or company (or method-of-approach/communications breakdown). I've heard horror & praise stories. Difficult to say.

Tom