Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D gets Largie !

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D gets Largie !
September 08, 2011 12:11AM
I went out for a little while over the weekend to a spot a hit with my E-trac. I found a few silver washington quarters with the big E but nothing that old other than some wheaties. I'm swinging for about an hour with nothing to show for it. I decide to hit an area where the E-trac nulled out alot. I'm going slow over lapping my swings with a few iron grunts here and there,But not to bad. And then I get the signal I was listening for that softer deep high tone. A good four way hit . The kind of signal you just know something is good under the coil. I dig a plug and still nothing. I dig farther down and now my pin pointer sounds off ,But a little weak. I dig some more and a little over 9'' a big dirty disc come out. I think to my self this has to be an old washer. I rub off the dirt and see the cornet liberty head then I new what I had a large cent only the second one I ever found a first with a CZ. And once I saw the date 1816 it was my oldest coin as my other Largie was a 1840. And I found this with my sensitivity at 4. Tom you got this machine rockin".
Re: CZ-3D gets Largie !
September 08, 2011 04:36AM
excellent find! congrats!
did you find this in a "trash infested" area
in advanced mode?...thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 08, 2011 05:42AM
Good job!
September 08, 2011 06:58AM
That is terrific, WTG!!!!!
September 08, 2011 09:54AM
jmaryt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> excellent find! congrats!
> did you find this in a "trash infested" area
> in advanced mode?...thanks!
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

The CZ-3D does not have an 'advanced' mode. Maybe you're speaking instead of the e-trac. Or, maybe you mean the 'ENHANCED' mode on the 3D winking smiley
September 08, 2011 09:45PM
Thank's for the replys. And yes it was in enhanced mode as I always hunt in that mode regardless of trash. It was a site still in use today so it had its share of modern trash and alot of nails in the section I found it in. Like I said I never found anything that old there before. There is a nice wooded section behind where I found it that is a little overgrown. But once fall kicks in and some of the over growth clears out I'm going to pound it to death!
September 08, 2011 11:01PM
If you go slow you can sniff out the deepies...Got several over a foot deep two real beauties 1794-1797 in similiar circumstances off the beaten path. As big as they are and with a halo imagine you can get them deeper than you want to dig. Don't ask me with what model CZ as used so many models of the CZ hard to remember...Who knows what that area was 150 years ago.....and likely not hunted before....so I would pound come the Fall....
September 09, 2011 06:19AM
njnydigger Wrote:
> jmaryt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > excellent find! congrats!
> > did you find this in a "trash infested" area
> > in advanced mode?...thanks!
> >
> > (h.h.!)
> > j.t.
>
>
> The CZ-3D does not have an 'advanced' mode.
> Maybe you're speaking instead of the e-trac. Or,
> maybe you mean the 'ENHANCED' mode on the 3D winking smiley

yes! that's what i meant! my bad!
a "frudian slip" thanks! i stand corrected!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 09, 2011 06:22AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Thank's for the replys. And yes it was in enhanced
> mode as I always hunt in that mode regardless of
> trash. It was a site still in use today so it had
> its share of modern trash and alot of nails in the
> section I found it in. Like I said I never found
> anything that old there before. There is a nice
> wooded section behind where I found it that is a
> little overgrown. But once fall kicks in and some
> of the over growth clears out I'm going to pound
> it to death!

excellent find! especially so, in a "modern "old" crap hole" with enhanced mode engaged!
maybe the "hockey puck" deserves a shot too? just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
excellent find! especially in a "junk yard" with "enhanced" mode engaged!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 06:28AM by jmaryt.
September 10, 2011 12:04PM
Excellent find in any ground ....Congrats !!.....Jim
September 11, 2011 12:33AM
yes! i agree! in ANY ground!
getting 'tougher" to find anywhere!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 11, 2011 02:42PM
Great find!! I also found a largie with my CZ3D in enhanced mode at 12in+ in very dry soil with it the detector working at about 60%. I know this because i just sent my CZ in for repair. I spoke with the tech who repaired my CZ.He said it had a bad crystal that was constantly changing frequency and more so with higher ambient temps. My CZ is in transit back to me as i set here now! I can not wait to get it back i also ordered the 10.5 coil and should have them both in my hands by Tuesday or Wednesday . Would some one mind going into detail with the differences of enhanced vs salt mode and trashy area hunting? or point me to some info on it...i did some searching but could not find the info im looking for. Sincerely reeseamn
September 12, 2011 09:37AM
You may want to go to the home-page of this web-site....... and (on the left side/column) find the Fisher Intelligence articles..... there's 2 specific CZ-3D articles that will answer your questions....... in good detail.
September 13, 2011 04:38PM
That is great news about your repaired machine reeseman. It seems like maybe F.T. is getting there service straitend out. That is good to hear for all us CZ users as Tom can only do so much with out parts. I guess us CZ fanatics are lucky they are still making the CZ-3D.