Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1021 ALERT!

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1021 ALERT!
September 23, 2011 02:57PM
I thought I would let people now who are looking for a 1021 Los Banos there is one on Flee-Bay. I guess the word is out on these detectors because he had a starting bid at 649.00. And somebody has already put a bid on it. It looks a little rough from the pictures,But I guess it doesn't matter if you gotta have one,you gotta have one!
Re: 1021 ALERT!
September 23, 2011 07:57PM
cant seem to locate it...has it already sold?
September 23, 2011 08:18PM
It was a buy it now deal. It sold, I had it in my watched list.
September 23, 2011 11:30PM
WOW! That was fast! Boy 1021's are red hot rite now.
September 24, 2011 12:07AM
Actually, that was me that bid the $649 for the detector. He pulled my bid and put a buy it now for $515.00. All I did was asked if it worked and he pulled my bid later. It didn't make any sense but maybe there was something wrong with the detector. I knew I was paying too much but maybe he did me a favor...John
September 24, 2011 12:50AM
That is weird? I notice it was a pawn shop. There was one awhile back at a pawn shop for sale. I asked the guy to do an air test on a clad dime and a few other questions and he got mad and said he didn't want to sell it to me I was to picky and would probally return it and ruin his rating. I said fine with me as there probally was something wrong with it. So he probally did you a favor.
September 24, 2011 01:40AM
Yes, I asked them to turn it on to verify that it worked at all. I wasn't sure (with an older model) if Fisher would or could fix it correctly if it were broke. I buy stuff from Ebay quite a bit. I have never had a bid pulled and it be sold to someone for much less money than I was offering. Just strange. Oh well. Hopefully, I can find one for less money.
September 24, 2011 02:12AM
From what I am reading, I also think your better off not getting it. Fishy!!
September 24, 2011 06:58AM
Nice looking CZ3D with serial # 10060190 still there. Close but no cigar as they say. I am a bit burned out on fleebay these days.
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 25, 2011 09:03AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is weird? I notice it was a pawn shop. There
> was one awhile back at a pawn shop for sale. I
> asked the guy to do an air test on a clad dime and
> a few other questions and he got mad and said he
> didn't want to sell it to me I was to picky and
> would probally return it and ruin his rating. I
> said fine with me as there probally was something
> wrong with it. So he probally did you a favor.
#

I did an Ebay Search on CZ's after that last post and found the 1021. When I saw it was a pawn shop I didn't post it here as you just never know. I would definitely ask for it to be tested over the phone. Nice that this was posted though as it is clearly Fishery, I mean fishy. ;-)
September 25, 2011 01:00PM
Do yourself a favor guys and if you are going to buy used try one of the classifieds where regular ground pounders trade..Some of these auction sites have flea market, pawn shop guys and the like selling that don't know a detector from a broom.Auction sites you refer to have many good sellers but also many shady ones so be aware.

I realize a CZ3D excells in real old sites but now and then older analog CZ's come up and to me any CZ is a good unit and talking to their tech's they have the ability to retune or fix and lets face it they like the energizer rabbit go and go and speaking from experience using CZ's for close to 20 years my problems have been far and few between.

Perhaps I was lucky with my older CZ6A which I just got off the classifieds but it goes just as deep as any CZ3D and is in excellent condition and to repeat am a happy camper...
September 25, 2011 01:04PM
One more aspect...If a seller won't speak to you on the phone or you get that gut feeling leave it lie as unfortunately the net has some bad apples...Coming from a guy that has tried them all and bought many used from various sites so been there done that...
September 25, 2011 02:44PM
Thats what I say. If he starts calling you picky and all that then it is time to leave it be. Like I told him and others I work hard for my money and what it to work like it should.
September 27, 2011 09:29AM
If they're going to treat you like that , I wouldn't touch it.----Just keep looking, there's always another deal out there.----------Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 09:30AM by D&P-OR.
September 28, 2011 05:10PM
I actually bought that cz3d for $500 +$15 shipping.....I was amazed that they cancelled the $649 bid on it to sell it to me. I talked to them the day before the bid was placed and asked them if they would take $500 for it due to it's condition and knowing that a pawn shop probably paid less than $200 for it, she said she had to talk to her boss about it. She got back to me and said yes they would do it, and just after she told me that, there was the bid. She said since they made the deal with me first that they would do it....Sorry about taking it from you like that, but I really thought it was a nice gesture from them to keep their deal with me. So, they're obviously not ripping people off and they stick to their word...I would say that's a pretty good ebayer. I don't think you have to worry about that pawn shop. I should get the detector today and will let you know how it is...I'm hoping someone just didn't clean it before they pawned it...that's what it looked like to me. I was pretty amazed by the whole deal....books, 5inch coil and being a 1021
September 28, 2011 05:53PM
That's good information to share and hear. Sounds like you got a very good deal...... and a dose of 'honesty' to boot!
September 28, 2011 09:37PM
Be sure and let us know if it passes Tom's test and how it work's. I for one am very curious.
October 01, 2011 12:52AM
Got the 1021 today....I took it to my friend Mr. Kryptonites' house and we did an air test on it....it was giving strong signals at over 12 inches. Sensitivy runs at 4.75 and the ground ran about 4.5... Really seems like it's going to be a good detector. The sides of the box are scratched a bit from laying the detector on it's side when digging and one of the shaft tighteners was missing the inside plastic piece (which Krypto had an extra one) ....Other than them small issues, The 5 inch coil was in excellent shape and had a coil cover on it, I got 2 books and what looked like rust in the pictures on Ebay was just a red colored dirt, which I was hoping for. Also, it came in the original box which was surprising.....It's rainy season here in Ohio, but we're suppose to have some nice days next week. I will let you know how she runs after I take it out.... I can't wait!
October 03, 2011 01:52PM
Glad to hear you got a good one............ and that they are still (somewhat) available on the open market.