Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom a question about the F75

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom a question about the F75
September 29, 2008 06:28AM
Tom
I discovered that if I reboot the F-75 to factory default then change the settings to disc 6,0(1) notch,sens 70-80, 4 or 4high tones DE mode,then ground balance it runs smooth.If run the detector for several hunts with just ground balancing it it gets erratic.It says everything is 5 inches deep,no matter how deep it really is.I marked"good" targets I found with the F 75 and checked them with the GTI 2500.They agreed on if it was a coin or not but the 2500 was spot on in depth readings.Any thoughts,suggestions?Bill
Re: Tom a question about the F75
October 03, 2008 05:49AM
Since Tom is taking some time off here is what I can add. Depth on the F75 is based on a coin size target. Bigger targets can show up as being more shallow than they are. And vice versa.
I really don't look at the depth reading much. Sometimes I do. But because the ground is so darn hard out here I can't dig too deep even if I wanted to. Unless I have a backhoe.
That is an odd problem you are seeing. Try doing the things that Trond suggests in his posting. 'Some F75 observations......... "
October 03, 2008 09:41PM
Just got back up on line. Does your F-75 show 5" in an air-test also???? ..... and at random distances????
October 05, 2008 09:29PM
I'll check this.