Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Greetings from Oregon

Posted by D&P OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Greetings from Oregon
October 06, 2008 10:47PM
Hello Tom & everyone! Just got registered & this is my first post.--I am considering purchaseing a CZ 3D and I'm sure this is an "old hat" question to some but----Am I better off purchaseing the older 1021-1121 series or a new 3D (as far as meeting tom's specs.)?----Also, is there a chance of still locateing a new CZ 3D somewhere that would have Fisher's lifetime warranty?---Tom, do you have a new or used 3D that you have tuned to your specs that you would sell me?--Sorry for all the questions but I felt I needed to ask them.----Thanks, Del
Kas
Re: Greetings from Oregon
October 06, 2008 11:37PM
HI D&P,
If you are buying used CZ-3D that would be a good idea. Though the problem with newer models is calibration specs not being meet. After calibration the units are no different. There are folks out there that can calibrate a CZ-3D properly.

I bought a new CZ-3D and it was out of spec, and was calibrated. I've dug coins, 2 in fact 10 and 15 wheaty same hole,here in my Ohio soil, dark and loamy, down to 9" with an 8" coil.

As far as finding a new CZ-3D with lifetime warranty,you just have to check with dealers and ask. I know one dealer that had one left with the LT warranty about 6 months ago.

As for the CZ-3D and my experiences. Love it. It's a great talker once you learn the language, and, I'm back to hearing those deep whispers that I love so much.

Good Luck, Ken

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 11:39PM by Kas.
October 07, 2008 01:04AM
Right now...... I just don't have any used CZ's in my inventory for sale. I'm sure...... if you have the time to look around......... you may find a dealer with a new lifetime warranty CZ-3D. I have not looked.
October 07, 2008 01:15AM
Thanks guys--I'll see if I can scare one up.----Del
October 27, 2008 06:56PM
Hi Tom, do you know anyone near Wisconsin that knows how to tune a 3D to the original specs? Took out the new CZ this weekend, and I dug alot of clad around 6 inches, but nothing deeper. This was in enhanced mode.

Ground balance was fine, Sense was 4.5, Disc at 0. I did find some 2 inch barbed wire pieces around 8 inches or so, but I am afraid I might be missing the deeper old coins.

If you know of anyone I can ship the detector to for calibration, I would appreciate it. I would ask you, but I know your a pretty busy guy.

Tim
October 27, 2008 09:20PM
Tim,

UNFORTUNATELY..... I know of no one of whom has correct 'test standards' to PROPERLY calibrate the CZ-3D to correcting '3D' spec's. I feel like I'm on an island. Los Banos, California Fisher had a correct test-standard kit; yet, I'm uncertain if the new El Paso FTP acquired/still has this set.

Tim..... Have you tried to bury a dime at 7" or 8" to see how your detector responds? Make ABSOLUTELY sure that there is NO metal in the ground where you bury the dime!!!!!!!!!

Tom
October 27, 2008 09:33PM
I'll give that a try Tom thanks. Should I use a brine mixture to simulate a halo effect? I just bury the dime. Our soil is loose and has a faster sink rate, I'll try it out and let you know how it went.
October 28, 2008 01:11AM
Try it without the brine solution first.
October 30, 2008 08:09PM
Hi Tom,

About the deepest I can get in my test garden is 7 " on a dime, and 9" on a quarter in enhanced mode. This is typical loose Wisconsin junk soil, nothing really hard packed.

The first has been pretty damp also.

I'm not sure what to do. I guess I could take it back, I have only had it a couple weeks and trade for an F-70, but I really like the tone hunting with the 3D.

Any ideas?

Ohh! looking forward to the Metal Detecting real world Dvd, just ordered it the other day from Famous treasures on ebay.
October 31, 2008 01:08AM
Hmmmm, What did you say that your unit would 'air-test' a dime to what ranges?
October 31, 2008 02:31AM
7-8 inches air testing in enhanced mode.

9 inches in Salt Mode

A very hot 13-14 inches in pinpoint mode.

I know, I'm scratching my head on this too.

Thanks
November 01, 2008 11:19AM
Something is definately wrong with the depth in the ID mode.