Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

E-Trac Update

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
E-Trac Update
October 07, 2008 02:44AM
The E-Trac has made it easy for me to pick out good relics in the iron pit. Using open screen, 2 tones, ferrous, I just dig any non iron tone and it is a keeper. Not as fast as the F-75 but fast enough to locate good targets without mental fatigue. This thing also has been getting alot of dimes for me and I have another friend who says the same...one day he got 39. Used it a a Park today to get some clad in high trash. First time for using high trash program and the coins started popping out all over, however they were not text book sounds, but the Co numbers were staying fairly consistent even though the FE numbers were jumping alot. The amount of trash next to many of these coins was stunning. The tone will make you look at screen and then need to watch Co numbers to see if they are in a desired target range, and then dig. Many iron falses can be spotted by going to quick mask and see if the cursor drops to bottom of screen. I ran over some areas that I had hunted hard before and was popping out the coins that had been there quite awhile even though they were clad. The more I use this the better I like it.
Re: E-Trac Update
October 07, 2008 10:05PM
Learn it well. It is indeed a top-end unit that is great in bad dirt. May not be quite as fast as F-75; BUT, if it parallels your hunting speed to a 'T'...... you will do better with it than the F-75.
October 07, 2008 11:57PM
Please explain how one will do better with the E-trac then the F-75????????????? I am thinking about one but have never used the explorer models?
Indiana
October 08, 2008 12:06AM
that is some good news - i have been following your exploits with the e trac

yesterday i traded my new cz21 for one with a little cash - had planned on letting the F75 go as well, but i could not pull the trigger on it - i like it tooooo much.

i should have it for the beach test maybe by the weekend

good luck
Re: Indiana
October 08, 2008 01:54AM
By way of comparison, a CZ is slow.... and VERY easy to understand the simple audio responses.....,,,,,, no fatigue factor going on here. Then,,,,,,The E-track is 'medium' response speed (somewhat faster responding) and can fit most folks needs. Then there is the F-75.......... a lightning fast response speed.... to the point of mental fatigue (due to extremely rapid audio output speed) if you are not used to it............or........... sweep the coil too fast.

Remember, some folks brain operates like a pentium III 386 computer. Other folks brain can operate at a pentium IV 586 microprocessor speed. If you are using a detector that is not congruent with what your brain can process,,,,,, then "boring"...or..."fatigue" will ensue.

Tom
October 08, 2008 02:54AM
All I can say is they are heavy and at my young age of 52 I want to be detecitng for a long time. So I will take the F75 speed an easy to use interface a lot of programing and what you see is what you get.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 08, 2008 02:56AM
Well said Tom! My brain loves the F75.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 08, 2008 03:48AM
My finds with the Etrac have got me excited about detecting again. I found several coins today and an antique padlock today in a short hunt at a Park I have never hunted before. This is going to be the unit that fits my brain speed and the one I am really comfortable with. Others can handle the F75 well and make finds most others wont. Glad there are more than one option to get what suits the individual. Maybe after considerable time on this my brain might speed up and I could handle the F-75. There are several features on this Etrac that really help me in finding good targets. I never did this good with the explorer, but I never really learned it well enough. The learning curve on this machine has been much easier for me. I know one mistake I made with the Explorer was running sensitivity too high in manual most of the time.
October 08, 2008 09:43PM
Brad,

I was CERTAINLY not accusing you of having a 'slow brain processor speed'!!! It is simply a function of the F-75 having the ability to exceed any/all human capabilities..... especially in trashy areas with TOO fast of a coil sweep speed.

Something I ALWAYS fail to mention,,,,,,,,,....... the F-75 CAN be desensitized a bit... so as to be more fatigue-free friendly..... by simply running lower Sens and higher Disc. However; for me, I just CAN'T seem to succumb to those lower settings! I like the steroid audio.

Tom