Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites TDI 8uS mod?

Posted by Pawnbroker _Bob 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Whites TDI 8uS mod?
November 26, 2011 11:59PM
Those are eagle breastplates. They went on a strap across the shoulder that crossed the chest and hooked to the cartridge box to help support the weight of the bullets. They were more for decoration than anything and served for nothing more than a big shiny bullseye on the chest of a soldier. So they conveniently got "lost" LOL Yep lots of minies and buttons too. All found between 2009 and spring of 2011 with TDI and GPX. Most of which was with the TDI...only had the GPX for a few months and one hunt in VA. Relic season hasn't started here yet...we're all still deer hunting in TN.
Re: Whites TDI 8uS mod?
November 27, 2011 03:02AM
"Lobo, I think you mentioned you have been hunting since the 70's. I got you beat by more than 10 years. Since you made your public remark, well, don't ask."

Reg; I never said that I started detecting in the 70s. Actually I bought my first detector in 1962 ( almost 50 yrs ago), a Detectron and a Whites Gold Master (BFO) a short time later, then a Fisher T10 followed by a Metrotech and have been detecting every since, so I doubt if you have me beat by 10 yrs

As for DD coils are concerned I get more depth with the mono and that is my primary reason for using a PI., so as long as the mineralization is not too extreme I prefer the mono.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 02:13AM by Hobo.