Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FBS vs BBS

Posted by frnifo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FBS vs BBS
November 11, 2011 04:57PM
I know for a fact that the FBS and BBS by Minelab ( BBS is the sovs for those who dont know) works on the exact same wave of frequency harmonics.

I have used both for 10 years or more so I know that the FBS is deeper on silver but the BBS finds the smallest low conductive target of the two.

So what main frequencies do the the two different detectors operate at? Can we close in on the secret.

Can we assume that the BBS use a different set of 2 to 3 main frequencis then the FBS and that the FBS is a differently tuned BBS.

I think we can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 04:58PM by frnifo.
Re: FBS vs BBS
November 12, 2011 12:43AM
It may be as simple as the FBS uses random freq settings as opposed to the BBS using a set 1.5 kHz intervals or possibly their salt setting since the BBS seems more designed for the beach. Ive never used the Sov, but know its a good machine, but i am using the Xcal and i air test every item and my SE is always able to hit those items as good if not better.

Dew
November 15, 2011 04:00PM
BBS have an expanded lower conductive range, so I think they use higher frequencies as their primaries as compared to FBS.

shrug

Good question.

Mike
November 15, 2011 05:38PM
Mike.

Yes, very noticable and should confirm that the BBS operates at a higher set or atleast maybe closer to what the CZ s operate at. likewise it is easy to notice that the higher end have very good resolution on the FBS.

How low is the FBs freqs. They seem very low. Maybe below 5 khz both primaries.

Could it be 1,5 and 4,5... just a guess.