Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is your ratio of mens rings to women's rings.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What is your ratio of mens rings to women's rings.
November 15, 2011 04:17PM
I find more men's silver rings than I do men's gold rings.
I find more men's silver rings than I do women's silver rings.
I find more women's gold rings than I do men's gold rings.

Besides demographics (women typically wear more jewelry than men), I suspect the difference could likely lie in the fact that large men's gold rings and small women silver rings lay in the same range of aluminum trash, namely tabs,screwcaps, and zinc cents.

What are your ratio's and what do you have a favorite tactic or machine for use in the tabs/screwcaps/zinc trash range.

By the way, I dig zinc cents, which is where most of my women's silver rings have come from.

HH
Mike
Re: What is your ratio of mens rings to women's rings.
November 15, 2011 05:08PM
I find more women's rings at a ratio of about 10 to 1. I don't hunt very hard for rings but find them in the nickle tab range up to quarter range. I have a 14 gram silver mans ring that read as a quarter.
November 15, 2011 06:21PM
Womens rings are about 80%
Childrens rings are about 12%
Mens rings are about 8%

All are about equal on silver rings as above

I tend to hunt a lot of schools and tot lots so this may account for the childrens rings

the actual ratio I think is 10 to .5 Women being 10 each to every 1/2 ring for a man

Tom in SC
November 16, 2011 12:00AM
Gold rings, ladies 70 %, mens 30 %.

Silver rings, 60 % ladies and children, mens 40%

I find quite a bit more ladies silver jewelry over all then mens.

I seldom purposely hunt for gold except when at the beach when I dig it all. Almost all gold I find hits in the nickel/tab range and some in the zinc range.

HH jim tn
November 16, 2011 12:32AM
Women:men = 8:1 (gold)
November 16, 2011 01:40AM
Actually sterling silver rings are not my thing and have to agree most along with sterling religious medals are probably zinc penny which I try to avoid...

As far as gold rings most lost are womens which are thin some with nice stones..about 1/3 alone in foil area..
Of the 100 or so gold rings I found over the years womens rings are 75 percent...at least in my case as I concentrate on the foil area...
November 16, 2011 04:24AM
I find so many of each, its hard to say. I find a lot more mens rings in deeper water like on drop offs probably because they swam out over their heads more. I do find a ton more mens silver rings than womans. I also find a lot more mens class rings than womans. Wish I would have kept count now!!!
November 17, 2011 03:52AM
over the years, I have dug more gold man rings than women, but more women silver rings that men